What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why are styli so fat

andreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive been browsing around about the nature of a capacitive stylus and it has to do with transmitting some mojo from your body through the pen to the tablet surface.

there's a guy has a blog where he show you what's needed and why, and he says you need a metal barreled instrument and a conductive material(conductive foam) for the tip. sounds logical except there's a youtube vid of a guy using a hollowed out plastic pen and the yellow sponge from a scotch brite

so anyway, i'm asking myself why does it have to be a foam and why so fat if all it takes is a conductive material, of which there are many types of material. i was "drawing" on a tablet, first with my finger, then with my pinky. it didn't work when i used my fingernail, but when i got to lightly lay as little finger as possible on the screen, it drew. point being,,,,just what does it take? because to me,he biggest drawback to drawing on a capacitive screen is the big-*ssed tip. :eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts