1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

why are styli so fat

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by andreak, Sep 21, 2012.

1. andreak

andreak iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ive been browsing around about the nature of a capacitive stylus and it has to do with transmitting some mojo from your body through the pen to the tablet surface.

there's a guy has a blog where he show you what's needed and why, and he says you need a metal barreled instrument and a conductive material(conductive foam) for the tip. sounds logical except there's a youtube vid of a guy using a hollowed out plastic pen and the yellow sponge from a scotch brite .

so anyway, i'm asking myself why does it have to be a foam and why so fat if all it takes is a conductive material, of which there are many types of material. i was "drawing" on a tablet, first with my finger, then with my pinky. it didn't work when i used my fingernail, but when i got to lightly lay as little finger as possible on the screen, it drew. point being,,,,just what does it take? because to me,he biggest drawback to drawing on a capacitive screen is the big-*ssed tip. :eek::eek:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014