What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why am I receiving a pop up to "switch to the Canadian Store before purchasing?"

WhydidIbuyit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of the blue I am getting this pop up. All I am attempting to do is update my old apps! Why would my "account" suddenly be an issue? Now everything I click on results in this annoyance.

"Your account is not valid for use in the U.S. store. You must switch to the Canadian Store before purchasing."

All I am trying to do is update my apps. This pop up is new and makes no sense to me.

Would really appreciate a rescue! Look forward to your reply.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Out of the blue I am getting this pop up. All I am attempting to do is update my old apps! Why would my "account" suddenly be an issue? Now everything I click on results in this annoyance.

"Your account is not valid for use in the U.S. store. You must switch to the Canadian Store before purchasing."

All I am trying to do is update my apps. This pop up is new and makes no sense to me.

Would really appreciate a rescue! Look forward to your reply.

Is your account registered in Canada? You have to be in the same AppStore that the app was purchased in to be able to update it.

OP
WhydidIbuyit

WhydidIbuyit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I have been updating all my apps regularly since I bought the ipad. My iPad was purchased in Canada. How did the "APP STORE" suddenly move? I haven't moved. I looked at my apple ID info and didn't see anything unusual. Where would I find info that would explain the sudden change in my info?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To switch back to the Canadian AppStore, follow these instructions.

image-1944423791.jpg Go to the featured page of the AppStore and scroll all the way to the bottom. Click on your Apple ID.

image-2695774306.jpg Choose sign out from the choices in the pop up that appears and click on it.

image-3591328866.jpg click on sign in, at the location where your Apple ID was displayed.

image-546310026.jpg select the use existing Apple ID in the pop up and click on it. You will be give the option of changing to the Canadian AppStore during the sign in process, choose that option and sign in. Now you should have no trouble updating your apps.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

I have been updating all my apps regularly since I bought the ipad. My iPad was purchased in Canada. How did the "APP STORE" suddenly move? I haven't moved. I looked at my apple ID info and didn't see anything unusual. Where would I find info that would explain the sudden change in my info?

You may have followed a link to an app when browsing, if that link was to the US AppStore you may have accidentally changed stores at that time. Check out my previous post to get back to the Canadian AppStore.

OP
WhydidIbuyit

WhydidIbuyit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are awesome! :D It would appear that everything is back to normal. I followed your excellent diagram. My screen showed different options at the bottom, but I fiddled around with it and lo and behold, I've updated 7 apps!

I would NEVER have figured that process out by myself. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME! Whew! I can go and start cooking dinner now!

Most reactions