why am i getting irrelavent search results in the app store

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by andreak, Dec 23, 2014.

1. andreak

andreak
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    when i search for an app, in this case "fresh direct" a food ordering app here in nyc, i not only get the wrong result, "drama school direct", but the sub categories have all changed. i have tried narrowing the search to specific categories to an avail. no matter what i do i fail to find the app. changing the category doesn't help because the "related: sub categories" redirect back to the same wrong results. app store keeps looping me back to the wrong result.

this is not only for this particular search, but all searches in general of obscure apps.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Did you try looking under iphone apps for FreshDirect? If this doesn't help, you can go to the FreshDirect website and get the App Store link from there.

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Yep, it's an iPhone app. It was the first hit when I search for it on the iPhone.

4. andreak

andreak
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

5. andreak

andreak
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    haha. come to think of it, makes total sense

6. andreak

andreak
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    ok...here's another ..."whatsapp" i cannot find it. i get results like background texts. and that "related:" subcategory thingy on top is a total mess of "related" items. i looked under ipad and iphone

7. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You won't find Whatsapp by searching in the AppStore on an iPad. As you cannot put it on a [stock] iPad, it will not show up in a search.

I figure it's the developer's way of ensuring people don't load something that will not work on an iPad...

Marilyn

8. andreak

andreak
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    but here's the thing ,,,whatsapp was featured as a "10 best ipad app" when i was doing a search. it seems like the app store has gone wanky :). when i do a search, the "related:" sub categories are all wrong for the "type" of app i want. anywho's, i like the old app store better :)

9. Blue92

Blue92
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I just searched for "Whatsapp" in the App Store via iTunes and Whatsapp Messenger is the first one listed. Is that a different app?

10. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No, it's probably the app we're talking of, here. However, finding in iTunes, on the computer, is not the same thing as finding it on the AppStore on the iPad.

If you were to try to install it from iTunes onto the iPad, you will find it cannot be installed.

Bottom line: Whatsapp cannot be installed on a stock iPad.

Marilyn