Who's still sticking with the original iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by FoxCruiser, Nov 12, 2012.

1. mantarkus

mantarkus
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Actually I did not buy my iPad 1 new. I bought it from eBay a few months ago when the iPad 3 was launched and I've been really happy with it. Yes, it might not be as fast and some apps might lag a bit (which I assume is because it's jailbroken), and even the battery seems to not to last as long (again, maybe the Jailbreak and the Otterbox Defender case it's in), but not big a deal as to through $500 for a newer version. No camera? no problem, I have a real Fujifilm camera (what's up with those people lifting their iPad's above their heads to take a picture? :D). I use it mainly to play a few games, read e-books and maybe watch Crackle, other than that no work related stuff or anything requiring an upgrade anytime soon.

David C.
    iPad 1 64Gb iOS 5.1 .1

2. miket5au

miket5au
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I was using Google Earth on my Ipad 2 and wanted to show my wife how to use it on her iPad 1. Installed it and ran it and got a warning about memory. She only had Mail open!

So when the battery dies or some app she needs is not available - that is when she will want a new one.

3. mantarkus

mantarkus
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Oh BTW to any of you with an iPad 1 in good condition and that's just collecting dust, I have $50 with your name on it. I'll even pay Shipping ;)

David C.

4. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    This forum doesn't allow posts about buying or selling.

Separately, iPad 1 is selling for more than twice your offer on eBay and Craigslist. iPad 1 also fetches more than your offer in trade at places like GameStop.

5. mantarkus

mantarkus
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Obviously it was meant as a joke since people have mentioned not used their iPad 1 for a while and it's just sitting there, hence the $50 offer. I know they go for more on Craiglist and such, I bought mine from eBay as I mentioned in my original post.

6. Deanp

Deanp
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm still using the original iPad as my main iPad. Works rock solid - Facebook, web, forums, music and email. Retina display is nice, but it's way too nice for me and the display on the original is good enough for me.

D

7. Al Rogers

Al Rogers
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Mine is still serving me well,why change it. If it ain't broken why fix it.

8. Art Frau

Art Frau
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have kept my one because I love it . I belong to a group that has new iPad purchasers. They maybe any generation . I bought the 3 & use it daily. Then the mini for when out & about. Using all 3 helps to see what is different & aides me helping others . Believe it or not there are differences I consider them all to be priceless. Have no desire for the 4 but perhaps a newer generation in the years ahead.

9. razputin

razputin
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I am still using my 1st gen but mostly for comics and magazines. With the recent removal of the ac3 codec from most iOS video players like OPlayerHD lite, I found one free one that still supports ac3 (CineXPlayerHD) but the video chugs in this player so I may have to upgrade to a 4th gen just for better video playback performance.

10. iPadclassic

iPadclassic
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I still have an iPad 1 that my Uncle gave to me when it was brand new. I still remember it like it was the day I unwrapped it. It was so special. I took perfect care of it for the most part. The protection for mine comes from the leather case that completely surrounds it. So, although it looks worn out, you can tell it still looks like new when the case is removed. Anyways, I still use it daily for listening to music donated from my family. Together it is like 200 to 300 CDs. I also use it to talk to my mother replacing my cell phone. Whislephone gives you 1.6 cents a minute with good clarity at the moment. Hope it stays that way and never degrades in clarity. Sometimes I have to talk for like 20 or 30 minutes with the tech dude.