Who's planning on purchasing the iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by iDan, Sep 9, 2015.

1. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You're correct about the WiFi plus cellular model. There is the possibility that that could change in the future. All we can do is wait and see.
    Agreed, a 16gb iPad Pro would be very restricted in what it could do considering how much storage could be used by utilizing the new features to their full capacity.

#21 scifan57, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    considering it's size and processing power more inline with desktop class apps, mouse control would be a HUGE asset for me personally.
    this literally it a laptop without the build in keyboard, so a bluetooth or wireless mouse option somewhere along the line would suffice just nicely me thinks

3. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Some fair rebuttals...but I still think Il be passing on this for now. My Air is doing me good and for the cost its just too tempting to get a MacBook or a refurbed rMBP. Im sure it'll be a cool device though. That big screen will make watching shows and reading a great experience. :)

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Everyone's answer will (or should be) different; based on their needs and wants.

As always, it depends on what and how you intend to use your devices. There is little purpose in getting an iPad Pro if you want to keep using it for exactly the same things, and in exactly the same ways as your iPad Air. It would also be unwise to get and iPad Pro if you imagine using it exactly like a laptop.

Now, if you see things that it can do that you've been wanting, (or suddenly want in the wake of being shown what it can do), and your willing to give up the advantages of the other two devices in favor of the new iPad Pro's advantages; then it starts to look pretty attractive, even at the price. (assuming you can't afford, or don't want, one of everything)

That's where I am.

With the iPhone 6 Plus, almost all my ultra portable computing needs have ben met. My current iPad Air is mostly at home now. When I do use it out and about, the things I'm using it for are much more laptop like; meaning a keyboard. A bigger screen and keyboard start to look pretty attractive, yet I still don't want or need all the versatility (and complication) of a laptop. I like my iOS apps and UI. The Apple Pencil is pure candy. I like to draw, and I've always wanted to be able to take 'good' notes with a stylus (yet haven't found a pen/app combo I like).

It's also a respectable replacement for most of the things I do on my iMac. I'm considering not replacing it when it finally fails. Instead I may replace it's entertainment functions with and AppleTV, and do everything else on the iPad Pro. That's a trade off, since some things will be easier, and some things harder. But it's a trade off I can see making, and one that would save me $500 to $700 dollars over getting a new 27" iMac.

Just like the original iPad I'm not seeing what it wont' do for the price, but what and how I'm likely to use the new device, and how it will fit together with my other devises for work, and play. So, I'll be scrapping together the money; though I doubt I'll be able to do so before Spring. Probably not until tax returns.

5. iBud

iBud
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I've been waiting for this model for years.
    Definetly buying one at some point mostly as a entertainment device and maybe a little work. ;)
    Reading comics and watching shows/movies should be amazing on the Pro.

6. Miked52

Miked52
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I hope I am doing this correctly. I am not sure if you just reply or reply to thread. I apologize if I am wrong.

I do plan on buying the I pad pro. I do all things with my I pad. I am 63 yrs old, and my vision is not as good as it used to be. I hope the extra real estate will help. Also the split screen will be much better for me to read with the I Pad Pro.
    There are other operating systems out there, but I love IOS. I am told there are limitations, and there are a few, but so is there limitations with the other operating systems.
    With I cloud and cloud services, I do not see it is necessary to have a jump drive, although there are two that I use on my I pad 2. One is wireless and works flawless with my I pad, and the other has a male plug to plug in the I pad on one end, and the male plug to fit a standard usb port on the other end. It also works great. I can not think of any situation I need anything more. Maybe others do?
    As far as the force touch, I am not really sure it will even work on a screen that size.....
    I keep seeing the "Pro" compared to a lot of other devices, and I am glad those devices are out there.....the more competition there is, the better all devices will become. I prefer IOS. It works, It is easy to use out of the box, and does not contain the "malware" found in other systems to send me advertisements.
    I am 63 years old, and really do not need others telling me what I like and want and am an idiot if I do not buy what they buy!
    I own a Honda CRV, a Toyota pickup, and a service vehicle as I am self employed. They will all get me to where I want to go. It is the same for all our electronic work devices. Different brands will get us where we want to go. It is just a different producer....and we drive what works and gives us the best service for what we do. I use my I pad for my heating and a/c business, my flea market business, and my bible studies and they all work flawlessly.
    Plainly put, my I pad air 2 serves me well, and from what I see of the "Pro" I see even greater potential.

Lots of things I can say here. All I can tell you is I pad works to meet all my computing needs and I am a forever fan!
    Hope everyone can get one that wants one.

7. Antonio1963

Antonio1963
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys, I'm new here. I have been working with iPads since first gen.
    I've saw all progress in power and productivity, despite not being a fanatic.
    I use an air2 for 90% of my work now, except for Microsoft project, which I use in my surface 3. Or still some full blown word or excel files.

I believe the iPad pro is bringing more productivity improvement. However, should Apple consider keeping the closed sand box environment they should, in my opinion:
    a) create a pdf printer transversal to all apps
    b) create an app for reading use devices, wiht a lightning/USB conversion
    c) provide a search bar for the second app to split the screen (I believe that shortly the majority of apps shall allow split screen)

If the above is provided, I believe that it could be a serious player in the work market

8. pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm very interested but I want to find out how much, it will be a toss up between the pro and a Apple Mac.

9. gerryl

gerryl
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Soon as I can get my hands on one and the smart keyboard, I'm in!

10. Asharp

Asharp
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I ordered the Apple TV today, and I'm definitely getting the iPad Pro. Using Slide View to access my calculator when I calculating homework scores is just great on my iPad Air, but I also use the Split Screen all the time on my MacBook Air. I want to be able to use the latter function on the larger screen of the Pro.