Who's planning on purchasing the iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by iDan, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I'm pretty interested in the new Apple TV as well. Currently running an Apple TV 2nd gen but it is a pretty cranky peice of tech these days with random reboots and hissy fits. Bought it over 3 years ago for $70 so it doesn't owe me anything.

2. Tuttle

Tuttle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    By all means. The pro is what I was hoping for when the original iPad was announced. It looks as though Apple might have also succeeded where so many crowd funded startups have failed: designing a good stylus (ironic though it might seem)! The size increase will, I think, allow one to view an 8.5 x 11 document an entire page at a time. And one hopes that the higher speed chip will allow faster page turning in large pdf documents.

Finally, the iPad has become a serious productivity tool. I, fir one, am convinced enough to immediately order one. BTW, how does one preorder one? I've never done that before.

3. jwt873

jwt873
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I've been hoping for larger iPad for a long time. I'm going wait until I can check one out in person at the local Apple Store before I lay down the cash, but I'm pretty sure I'll be moving up..

4. Bill Cousert

Bill Cousert
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    My iPad Air 2 is less than a year old and still works great. I think I'll wait for the second or third generation unit. I'm hoping for some kind of hybrid unit that can run iOS and OSX - something that resembles an iPad Pro combined with a mid range MacBook Air, with an OS that can multi-task iOS and OSX apps simultaneously.

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:

The iPad Pro isn't showing up in the Apple Store app yet. You can see it on the website, with a caption that says it will be available in November. I don't expect to see pre-ordering until the end of October, at the earliest. More likely mid November.

Once pre-orders become possible you should be able to do so either on the web at Apple.com, or using the Apple Store app on your iOS device. The Apple Store app tends to be faster and more reliable if you're going to fight for the initial no-back-order batch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Tuttle

Tuttle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Thanks.

"You can see it on the website, with a caption that says it will be available in November."

I saw that, but thought there was perhaps a statement somewhere on the Apple web site saying when and how preorders would be accepted-----.

I wasn't aware of the app store app. I will download it.

7. s2mikey

s2mikey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Im disappointed too. To me, here are the issues:

1) No cellular support other than the top model
    2) Overall pricing is high. Should have thrown in the keyboard or offered a one-time deal at the time of purchase for much less than $169.
    3) No ports or "hard" connectivity. This is a PRO level model, allegedly. C'mon guys.
    4) 32GB starting storage is too low. Again, think PRO level model here. 64/128/256 would've been better

I dunno - its hard for me not to see this as just a larger screened version of what I have now. Better speakers & hardware overall, yes. But not nearly enough to spend that kind of cash.

IMO. ;)

8. quadtronix

quadtronix
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I'm liking the looks of the Pro more and more as I read about it in articles and hands on pieces. The size is going to be great yes, but don't forget the other aspects that add to the appeal. For instance, that A9X is gonna scream and the resolution on this beast is supposed to be out of this world. Then there's the accessories which I'm thinking are going to be a great selling point for a lot of people. I definitely plan on purchasing one of these, if not pre-ordering then very soon after release! I sold my iPad Air (1st Gen) at the start of Summer and I sold my Mini Retina at the end of summer, just the other day actually, so I'm in the market for a new iPad and the Pro seems like a great value to me considering the insane power it packs. (Plus rumors say 4 GB of RAM!!)... Insane!!!

9. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    1) Although Apple has announced that they're currently going to offer WiFi plus cellular connectivity with the 128gb version we can hope that that will change in the future.

2) The price is not out of line, considering the CPU power and graphics performanceof the A9X chip. It's faster than 80% of the laptops on the market. Apple has never included major accessories in the purchase price. Neither does Microsoft with the Surface. Their keyboard costs extra as well.

3) iPads were designed as portable devices. Having lots of ports for connectivity defeats the purpose of having a portable device like a tablet. Even in its laptops Apple is cutting down on the number of ports.

4) How much storage is necessary is totally dependant on what the iPad is used for. Someone who does a lot of editing of 1080p video, for example, would need the largest offered storage capacity. I do agree they they should offer a storage capacity larger than 128gb.

#19 scifan57, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  10. Brian 244

Brian 244
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    @scifan57 , only the 128 GB version of the pro comes with wifi plus cellular. I just double checked the apple site to confirm.

I too am disappointed by offering only 32 or 128 GB. At least start with 64gb. But in the bright side they didn't have it as 16 or 128 GB lol.