What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's planning on purchasing the iPad Pro?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't wait for pre-orders to begin for the iPad Pro and will be one of the first to get my order in.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A few seconds difference in when you get your order in could mean the difference between receiving it on launch day or waiting for weeks. Be prepared.

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to checking it out in person at the Apple Store. Just bought the Air 2 last year so I'll be a couple more years before an upgrade. I do see myself getting one down the road though...

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was hoping for the answer to the surface pro. It looks like we only get the "MacBook RT" instead. Regardless, I'll check it out, but I can't help being a bit disappointed.

Though I WILL be upgrading to the new Apple TV.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to checking it out in person at the Apple Store. Just bought the Air 2 last year so I'll be a couple more years before an upgrade. I do see myself getting one down the road though...

Well, I'll take a look @ the device, but as above just bought an iPad Air 2 not long ago and is my 'on the road' device - can't imagine wanting to lug around an iPad Pro w/ a screen about the size of my MBPro - except for reading books & magazine subscriptions more easily, cannot see an immediate need for this larger iPad.

HOWEVER, the Apple TV is of interest - we have two 'classic' Rokus and keep getting emails from them to upgrade - might just switch over to the Apple option when released? Dave :)

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm pretty interested in the new Apple TV as well. Currently running an Apple TV 2nd gen but it is a pretty cranky peice of tech these days with random reboots and hissy fits. Bought it over 3 years ago for $70 so it doesn't owe me anything.

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
By all means. The pro is what I was hoping for when the original iPad was announced. It looks as though Apple might have also succeeded where so many crowd funded startups have failed: designing a good stylus (ironic though it might seem)! The size increase will, I think, allow one to view an 8.5 x 11 document an entire page at a time. And one hopes that the higher speed chip will allow faster page turning in large pdf documents.

Finally, the iPad has become a serious productivity tool. I, fir one, am convinced enough to immediately order one. BTW, how does one preorder one? I've never done that before.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been hoping for larger iPad for a long time. I'm going wait until I can check one out in person at the local Apple Store before I lay down the cash, but I'm pretty sure I'll be moving up..

Bill Cousert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad Air 2 is less than a year old and still works great. I think I'll wait for the second or third generation unit. I'm hoping for some kind of hybrid unit that can run iOS and OSX - something that resembles an iPad Pro combined with a mid range MacBook Air, with an OS that can multi-task iOS and OSX apps simultaneously.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
BTW, how does one preorder one? I've never done that before.

The iPad Pro isn't showing up in the Apple Store app yet. You can see it on the website, with a caption that says it will be available in November. I don't expect to see pre-ordering until the end of October, at the earliest. More likely mid November.

Once pre-orders become possible you should be able to do so either on the web at Apple.com, or using the Apple Store app on your iOS device. The Apple Store app tends to be faster and more reliable if you're going to fight for the initial no-back-order batch.

Most reactions

Latest posts