What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's planning on buying the iPad Air2?

TarraMorgan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 3 is still rock solid but am leaning toward the Air , so I can't wait!
Besides it seems iPad3 is not included in iOS8 updateo_O, correct me if am wrong

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad 3 will get the new software, as well as iPad 2, 4, Air and both mini models.

Welcome to iPF, btw!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd certainly be wanting the iPad Air 2....and the new iphone 6 plus...and the Apple Watch. Maybe not all at once, but would like to save the $$ for it. I have 3 nephew and 1 niece that will be graduating this year, so my $ will be directed towards their graduation gift.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I always like the new models but whether I can justify an Air 2 when my Air is practically new, that is another question. Used to pass on to children old PCs, etc. but they like the new versions better now.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Bob LeFever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will most likely go for the Air 2, partially because my Air has just 32gb and that hasn't proven to be enough. Might not though if the 2 doesn't have fingerprint capability. Time will tell.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll be holding off... I used my iPad 1 for four years. It did everything I wanted, but being stuck in iOS 5, there were an increasing number of apps that I couldn't use. Because of this, I upgraded to the Air last December. It does everything I want, so for now, I don't see any need to upgrade.

Unless something earthshaking comes along in tablet design, I figure I won't be upgrading again until at least 2017. (Perhaps the Air 4 will be available then :) )

Callihan_44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im currently debating getting an air or waiting for the air 2. I prefer the ipad mini size but I think im gonna have to go to a bigger screen due to eye strain

caledonia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have only been using iPad since the iPad Air came out so wondering how long it will be expected to last?. If the battery dies can I replace it easily?. I use about 6 hours a day. Reason I am asking as I may buy the new one to get any new bells and whistles.
Pass my old one to goddaughter to play with although I just bought her a new Nexus 7 - lol.

Cheers
John

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
At least two years, probably 3 to 4. That's the current iPad Air. Add a year for the next one.

Statistically, the batteries should still have 80% of their capacity after two years. That's if you do a full recharge (0 t0 100%) a day. Most people don't push their iPads that hard.

But that is a statistic. Any iPad may fair better or worse.

As far as the software goes, the iPad 1 was introduced in 2010, and is pretty much done for. People still using it are like people using older computers. The old software does what it did, and new software is hard to come by.

The iPad 2 introduced in 2011 has probably seen it's last update with iOS 8; which really is pushing the hardware to the limit.

So, if I had to make a guess, the current iPad Air is probably good for three to four years, both for batteries and software updates. After that it will still be usable in a more limited way. Don't expect it to get every new feature, if for not other reason than it may not have the hardware to support those features; like Touch ID which is 'probably' coming out with the next generation.

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
May get one. Have been using my ipad 2 for a long time. Getting a nokia 1520 kept me from upgrading it as it did most of the tablet work.
And after getting a mac pro 13(retina) I'm on an extremely tight budget. But I think ipad air 2 will serve me well especially the integration with mac. So I will be getting it come January or February...
Sent from my NOKIA 1520 using Tapatalk

blunderb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did I screw up ?

Went to ATT the other night and ordered an iPhone 6 They hit me with an offer of $200 off iPad Air. 100 for going with Next plan and 100 forbuying the phone. So not realizing the new iPad air was being announced I went for it.

S I I'm wondering what are my options now. I know I have 14 days to return it, but do you think they would honor that deal on the new one. Never dealt with the store before. I usually just order online.

Or should I not even bother and enjoy the one I got at a good price ?

Most reactions

Latest posts