Who's having buyers remorse?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by blake, May 6, 2010.

1. ARDOTBEE

ARDOTBEE
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I sorta get what your saying Blake.. I myself was having a little buyers remorse when I first bought the iPad.. I thought of returning it myself then I did a whole final paper for my marketing class on pages for the iPad and realized that this is probably the most convenient thing ever invented.. Just give it some time man.. And about the attention our getting on the bus.. Don't worry it'll pass.. As hard as it may be to believe.. There are still people out there who have never seen an iPad, once the honeymoon is over it'll be as common as an iphone

2. iVan

iVan
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Let's see..................I've got 53.86$ in my pockets. Will that be enough to take it out of your way?:confused:

3. figmo10

figmo10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    The ipads magical properties render it unnoticeable to the overly inquisitive among us. Either that or I'm not flashing it around enough to attract attention.

4. Gayle

Gayle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    No buyer's remorse here. Have had it over a month now and cannot imagine ever giving it up.

5. ChileRick

ChileRick
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Bought a car like that once, everywhere I went, folks stared.
    Every time I got fuel, folks had to chat me up.
    . . . but it was sure a cool car, and I did love driving it!

6. eflyersteve

eflyersteve
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Don't you mean you feel like an 'iDouche'? Ahahahaha! Sorry, couldn't resist.

I can certainly understand some buyers remorse. I feel the same way after each moderate to high priced item I purchase. I can certainly understand how you would feel that way if you don't see it's practical uses.

Nothing is worth feeling that way about. I would suggest selling it on Craigslist. You'll likely get your money back.

7. CPMS

CPMS
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I do see your point and have had similar issues with the ipad drawing attention whenever I take it out, be it in a Starbucks (less attantion grabbing) or at meetings for work (way more attention grabbing). That's something that will definitely drop off as time goes on and more iPads make their way into the general public. If you can't take it right now then I guess you should return the iPad, although I honestly feel that's a bad reason to return such a great device. One thing I did find though is that it took me a while to start using my iPad more than my iPhone/laptop. After the "new toy" phase ended, I found myself leaving the iPad and using my "usual" devices. Now, however, I take the iPad out at the office first, then pull the laptop out only if I need it for something I can't yet do with the iPad (easy printing, file sharing, etc.) There are utilities that make even those tasks doable on the iPad, I just haven't had the time to do the research and testing (owning your own company has its drawbacks ....)

At any rate, hope you're able to work your issues out and end up keeping the iPad. It's truly a great device and my hats off to Apple for getting it (mostly) right even in its first rendition. Here's a thought, return the iPad you have now and wait for gen2, probably next year. By then the hype should be significantly less and gen2 can only be better than the original ....

8. TheBaron

TheBaron
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I think I might need to find an iPad AA group. I can't ever seem to put mine down. I'm an addict. :)

9. Gazuga6176

Gazuga6176
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I feel you on the douche thing. But that comes with the eary adopter territory. Give it a week or so more. You won't give it up, trust me. And if you feel like you still can't take it out of the house, google the clamcase.

10. Rick Ornberg

Rick Ornberg
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    No remorse here, even though my iPad has been a meeting stopper a few times. When the inquiries get to too much at a coffee shop, I just start telling them how helpful it has been selling life insurance. Usually they leave skid marks.

Actually, since I really sell promotional products, having product websites and info with me all the time has already helped me make sales. Two sales yesterday have almost paid for the iPad already.