1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Who's having buyers remorse?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by blake, May 6, 2010.

1. blake

blake iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I picked up a 32GB 3G iPad this last Friday. As cool as it is, and as much as i love iBooks, I just don't find it practical. I've tried to justify keeping it but I can't, plus i feel like a douche whenever I bring it out in public.

Anyone else?
  2. Finnedog

Finnedog iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    wow the comebacks I could send on that post, but I will refrain.:)

It is interesting how some people are totally happy with their iPad and some people just do not see it the way we do.

With all that was written about the iPad between the end of January and April 3rd it is amazing that people still have unfulfilled expectations when it comes to the iPad, of course maybe Blake has a life and hasn't spent hours and hours reading all that was written like some of us.:)
  3. wot_fan

wot_fan iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I'll give you my iPad when you when you take it from my cold, dead hands ;).
  4. geo

geo iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would never give mine up. Thinking of buying one for a friend.
  5. SocalMark

SocalMark iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only remorse I have is from reading this Post.
  6. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I don't think it's the iPad.
  7. Superbike81

Superbike81 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Why would you feel like a douche using the iPad in public? It's no different than using a laptop in public.

Not a single ounce of buyer's remorse, not even with the small army of people on other websites telling me I'm an idiot for buying it, and an "Apple Sheep" for buying a "substandard product"
  8. Edlex

Edlex iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm with you wot fan, both my iPad and my Walther! The truth is I can't imagine what I did without it. Especially when I'm out for the day or running errands. I mean, no more staring into my palm pre on the road or my 1st gen touch at home. I'm incredibly happy with it and look forward to all the new things I discover I can do!
  9. blake

blake iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, it seems like a lot of you are taking this to heart, I'm not attacking any of you. I was just as excited and anxious as everyone else in this forum.

I feel like an attention whore when I bring it out, especially on the bus. Maybe some of you like that attention, not me though.

I still think the iPad is cool, innovative, and will change computing. But that feeling of a new device has fadded and I just don't know if i'm gonna keep it.
  10. cherhall

cherhall iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I like it even more than I thought I would. I can't imagine not having one now that I've had it! If I'm at home, it's rarely out of my hands. (Unless the daughter or granddaughter snatches it). :)
  11. ARDOTBEE

ARDOTBEE iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I sorta get what your saying Blake.. I myself was having a little buyers remorse when I first bought the iPad.. I thought of returning it myself then I did a whole final paper for my marketing class on pages for the iPad and realized that this is probably the most convenient thing ever invented.. Just give it some time man.. And about the attention our getting on the bus.. Don't worry it'll pass.. As hard as it may be to believe.. There are still people out there who have never seen an iPad, once the honeymoon is over it'll be as common as an iphone
  12. iVan

iVan iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Let's see..................I've got 53.86$ in my pockets. Will that be enough to take it out of your way?:confused:
  13. figmo10

figmo10 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The ipads magical properties render it unnoticeable to the overly inquisitive among us. Either that or I'm not flashing it around enough to attract attention.
  14. Gayle

Gayle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    No buyer's remorse here. Have had it over a month now and cannot imagine ever giving it up.
  15. ChileRick

ChileRick iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bought a car like that once, everywhere I went, folks stared.
    Every time I got fuel, folks had to chat me up.
    . . . but it was sure a cool car, and I did love driving it!
  16. eflyersteve

eflyersteve iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Don't you mean you feel like an 'iDouche'? Ahahahaha! Sorry, couldn't resist.

I can certainly understand some buyers remorse. I feel the same way after each moderate to high priced item I purchase. I can certainly understand how you would feel that way if you don't see it's practical uses.

Nothing is worth feeling that way about. I would suggest selling it on Craigslist. You'll likely get your money back.
  17. CPMS

CPMS iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do see your point and have had similar issues with the ipad drawing attention whenever I take it out, be it in a Starbucks (less attantion grabbing) or at meetings for work (way more attention grabbing). That's something that will definitely drop off as time goes on and more iPads make their way into the general public. If you can't take it right now then I guess you should return the iPad, although I honestly feel that's a bad reason to return such a great device. One thing I did find though is that it took me a while to start using my iPad more than my iPhone/laptop. After the "new toy" phase ended, I found myself leaving the iPad and using my "usual" devices. Now, however, I take the iPad out at the office first, then pull the laptop out only if I need it for something I can't yet do with the iPad (easy printing, file sharing, etc.) There are utilities that make even those tasks doable on the iPad, I just haven't had the time to do the research and testing (owning your own company has its drawbacks ....)

At any rate, hope you're able to work your issues out and end up keeping the iPad. It's truly a great device and my hats off to Apple for getting it (mostly) right even in its first rendition. Here's a thought, return the iPad you have now and wait for gen2, probably next year. By then the hype should be significantly less and gen2 can only be better than the original ....
  18. TheBaron

TheBaron iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I think I might need to find an iPad AA group. I can't ever seem to put mine down. I'm an addict. :)
  19. Gazuga6176

Gazuga6176 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I feel you on the douche thing. But that comes with the eary adopter territory. Give it a week or so more. You won't give it up, trust me. And if you feel like you still can't take it out of the house, google the clamcase.
  20. Rick Ornberg

Rick Ornberg iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No remorse here, even though my iPad has been a meeting stopper a few times. When the inquiries get to too much at a coffee shop, I just start telling them how helpful it has been selling life insurance. Usually they leave skid marks.

Actually, since I really sell promotional products, having product websites and info with me all the time has already helped me make sales. Two sales yesterday have almost paid for the iPad already.