What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whole Word Search in iBooks

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I want to search for "reset" and not get "preset" as a search result in a PDF using iBooks. How to do it?

Thanks

Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It does not look like any of the usual methods work. Disappointing. Using quotation marks is pretty much a standard in searches. I really expected it to be supported.

OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Goodreader does a sorta whole word search, better than the Kindle and iBooks. It is difficult to understand why any competent developer would leave something so basic out of the app. I would expect to see an option for a regex term if it was a really top notch app.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is certainly something that needs to be added before they get their eTextbook programs running. It's only annoying for casual reading. For serious research it would be more than that. Of course, it's not like you can do any decent search in a real text book, other than the index of course. And that should be (hopefully) present in any eTextbook.

Most reactions