What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the first to download iOS5?

Nick Burns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
Idk how wireless sync is actually going to work, but I'm excited.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Too bad you still need to be "wired" to do the WiFi sync…you need to have the device plugged into power before it will wirelessly sync. Kind of defeats the purpose of "wireless", though I understand the reasoning, you don't want the device to run out of juice during the backup. ;-/

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I charged mine prior to backup and upgrade yesterday, so it was on 100%. It took six hours to upgrade, albeit plugged in to the laptop, so not draining. I played on it for about two hours last night, left it on, but with the smart cover closed overnight, was on it at 7.30 this morning, have taken it to two meetings and used it all the way through for notes, have browsed the net all evening, am still on it now, had music on, safari is open, and I'm playing a game... And it is still only dropped to 55%! It's performing better today than it has before. It wasn't bad before by any means, but it is so much better now!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
However, I am getting an error message when I use iMessage on my iPad. Would anyone know why?

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF
Still server overload issues...fairly widespread complaints about that, iCloud, etc. Things will smooth out but it'll take a little time.

Luvntravln

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If everything is backed up and the upgrade seemed to go smoothly, where did all of my magazines go to? I have my photos and videos.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If everything is backed up and the upgrade seemed to go smoothly, where did all of my magazines go to? I have my photos and videos.

It is hard to say. It 'might' be the developer's fault. If I remember right (and I may not) whether an app's files are backed up or not depends on how and where they are stored in that app's folder structure. Or it could be a glitch in iTunes. Magazines are typically huge, so if iTunes were gong to drop the ball, that's where it would most likely happen.

dinisnunes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've downloaded the new ios5 for my ipad and for some strange reason apple has decided that the lyrics on itunes will be disabled. I've also updated my iphone 4 and the lyrics actually display in itunes on my phone, weird.... I'm wondering if anyone would know if this will be fixed in a later version update??

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've downloaded the new ios5 for my ipad and for some strange reason apple has decided that the lyrics on itunes will be disabled. I've also updated my iphone 4 and the lyrics actually display in itunes on my phone, weird.... I'm wondering if anyone would know if this will be fixed in a later version update??
There's some chatter about that on various tech websites. Apple rarely divulges details of that sort until it happens so only time will tell.

Here's a link to Apple's iPad Feedback page. You could file a "complaint". If enough folks do that it might get their attention.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts