What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wants their screen rotation button back?

Do you want the Screen Orientation button back?

• Yes, bring it back!

Votes: 224 74.9%
  • No, I like the mute button.

Votes: 64 21.4%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • There was an orientation button??

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get to your screen rotation lock, double tap the Home button and that will bring up the multi-tasking bar at the bottom of the screen. Slide the bar to your left and you will see the iPod controls and the screen rotation lock. Tap the icon indicated in the picture to unlock the screen rotation --

ipad63.jpg

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And with that, we have beaten this poor horse to death multiple times. As we all know, the switch under the volume control will be user-definable with iOS 4.3 which should be out very soon. Obviously Apple underestimated the importance of this function and in a historical move on their part, they are giving users a choice to use the switch as a mute button or screen rotation lock button!

And since those people who were "mortified" over the loss of the switch will be getting it back, there is no longer any reason to debate the issue.

I also suggest that users download a copy of the iPad User Guide. It is available for free in several different formats.

a) As a free PDF download from the Apple website --

http://support.apple.com/manuals/#ipad

userguide.jpg

This can (and should!) be saved on your computer and your iPad.

b) As a free iBook once you download the free iBook app from the iTunes App Store.

c) Online using the link provided in the Safari favorites on your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially if this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.

Thread closed.

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not to worry... I am sure the Home button vs. gestures saga will pick up where this one left off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts