Who wants their screen rotation button back?

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by newfmp3, Nov 23, 2010.

?

Do you want the Screen Orientation button back?

1. Yes, bring it back!

224 vote(s)
    74.9%
  2. No, I like the mute button.

64 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. I don't care either way

7 vote(s)
    2.3%
  4. There was an orientation button??

4 vote(s)
    1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    From reading the threads here, I would have to say that very few people actually back up their data!

2. xune

xune
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Lol, correction.. As everyone should do :p

For those who don't sync their iPads to their computers on a regular basis, I'd recommend MobileMe or dropbox. Cloud storage/backup/syncing is the next best thing, and is a savior when it comes to backing up the basics when you forget to!

As humans, we tend to not think about backing our data up as much until after we have lost our data! Cloud computing is my iPad's best friend, as I have had to have my iPad replaced before, and MobileMe was there to keep my content backed up and accessible/tranferrable to my new iPad. I trust my cloud storage more than I do my computer's spinning hard drive! Lol

3. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    The problem I have with cloud computing is the relatively slow network connection speeds we are limited to and limited coverage areas. I know that 3G/4G speeds and coverage are getting better and better, but not to the point yet where I would call it a reliable alternative to old fashioned storage space and memory cards. Maybe in 4-5 years it will be to that point, but not yet, not for my needs at least.

4. Tinman

Tinman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    While I applaud your effort in trying to explain... You really cannot reason with anyone who is acting out of emotion, not logic.

I'm sorry that is what I see here: unwarranted drama. Over a simple change, not a decrease in functionality (indeed an increase).

I have to shake my head at these replies, and laugh. "Mortified?" Holy crap... that means you are ashamed. Ashamed of a switch change? Un-freaking-real. :)

Michael

5. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Apple has every right to change it. They own the rights and they can do whatever they want. I hope they switch it back, but they include a mild electrical shock transmitted through that stupid switch every time someone uses it. LOL

Call me an Apple fanboy, apologist, or whatever else you want, I don't care. THIS is absolutely hilarious! Comedy gold! "I AM MORTIFIED! TERRIFIED! APPLE HAS COMMITTED MURDER! THEY SHOULD BE SUED!"

LOL

6. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    You two are killin me here!

7. nooris

nooris
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Its you that really needs to calm down a bit. I get the feeling that you enjoy goading people who don't pray to Jobs 10 times a day, a militant fanboy if you will.

Now even if I were to assume that you are super thrilled about the button change, you have to realize that the majority are not. Its a very polarizing issue. This is never a good situation for any business. I assure you that the marketing department at Apple are in dire straights over this issue. Even if everyone who works at Apple strongly believes the button should function as mute, the backlash should be enough for any business to reconsider. More importantly this isn't a principled stance like flash. Anyone who knows anything about marketing would agree that this is a PR nightmare. (BTW Marketing and advertising are different things).

In conclusion, as a real fanboy who puts Apple's interests ahead of his own mother you should realize that this is hurting Apple. You may love it, but its bad for Apple. So you can keep arguing about how great the new button is, but this is not really the argument at all.

8. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    LOL at calling me a fanboy. The iPad is the first Apple product I ever owned, and I'm already ready to put it up for sale as soon as a better Android tablet comes out in a few months.

I don't love or hate the switch, I simply realize that it's really not a big deal. People are acting like Steve Jobs is holding their firstborn hostage or something. It's just very entertaining to see people say that they HATE their iPad now and are MORTIFIED by a simple change like this. Kinda like watching the movie Dumb and Dumber, you just can't help but to laugh hysterically at how stupid it is.

9. nooris

nooris
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well then stop ridiculing and goading people! Hyperbole is often used in the English language to emphasize a problem.

10. xune

xune
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I agree with you on full cloud computing, but as a means of backing up and syncing, it's a great supplement to a local on-board operating system.

Now back to the ridiculing and the goading!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.