1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Who uses a screen protector for their ipad????

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by applechick, Jun 27, 2011.

1. applechick

applechick iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Undecided!!! Like the feel better without one. Screen also looks better. Just afraid of scratches. Opinions?
  2. bkle44

bkle44 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use a zagg although apple told me that it doesn't need one as the glass is very strong. I don't trust much of what apple says though after the fiasco of having a duplicate MEID iPad and having to go thru swapping mine out for a new one and the little to no help they provided me in doing so. I'm sticking to a screen protector tho cause I would hate myself if the screen got any scratches on it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  3. Czevski

Czevski iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +271 / 0
    I use the Zagg so I can clean it without worrying about what might harm the screen coating.
  4. jnoslop

jnoslop iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought one, and never put it on, because I love the feel of the screen without it. I use a stylus, and have a very good cover. I'm reluctant to put one on, because I don't want it to look tacky.
  5. Fullysally235

Fullysally235 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You'd better use a screen protector, I think.:)

I got one when the iPad comes. But it did worked well, and I threw it away. Then I got a leather stand case from ESR-case for better protection. The seller include a screen protector too. It's Ok.

I'm considering to get a colorful skin for my iPad.
  6. tdmsu

tdmsu iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I use a zagg - it seems easier to clean and I'm less afraid of scratching it. I must confess, those skins with matching wallpaper are very cool looking!
    See decalgirl or gelaskins
  7. SaberOne

SaberOne iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If this isn't already a 'poll' it should be. Anywho, I don't use one as its already distracting enough with it's iglare. Hopefully once the fight between Apple and Samsung ends, we'll 'see' a better display in future units.
  8. Videographer

Videographer iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm still undecided. I checked out Ghost Armor at a local mall kiosk. As much as I was impressed with it, I'm a little reluctant on having someone do it and mess it up. I have a track record of having botch jobs done by people who don't either know what they are doing or just don't put the care into doing the job properly. I know a lot of individuals have put their own on, but with something that costs $800, I prefer to leave well enough alone. Unfortunately Apple doesn't have a full replacement policy if something gets broken. Both my camera and eReader have an unconditional replacement warranty. If I drop it and it breaks, I get a replacement with no questions asked. I just wish Apple would provide such a warranty. Apple is still in the dark ages when it comes to their warranties and guarantees.
  9. jnoslop

jnoslop iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apple needs to pony up and add reasonable warranties to their great but very expensive products!
  10. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0
    What are you talking about?
  11. jnoslop

jnoslop iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's weird, I didn't post that comment!