What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is coming up on their one year anniversary?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the iPad. Just sayin....ya never know!

Mine is June something. So ~ after that one year, Apple won't replace our iPads without paying, right?

Watch mine die a few days later!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At least there are no handles or knobs for you to rip off............

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I always worry about is the connector at the bottom of the iPad when the charging/'USB' plug is connected. It seems a little delicate to me; all those tiny contacts. Has anyone experienced any problems with this? I've not seen anything reported, but it always strikes me as the most vunerable part of the iPad.

Tim
Scotland

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I always worry about is the connector at the bottom of the iPad when the charging/'USB' plug is connected. It seems a little delicate to me; all those tiny contacts. Has anyone experienced any problems with this? I've not seen anything reported, but it always strikes me as the most vunerable part of the iPad.

Tim
Scotland

I have not noticed it, Tim. But, now, you probably have jinxed us!! That will be the first to go on mine!:D

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had an iPod Touch since 2008 still works perfectly fine...I have a friend that has a first gen iPhone it still works fine (even with a broken screen)...You will sell it or replace it before it gives out ;)

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an older Nano, a Classic Ipod and a Touch--all keep chugging along though I mostly only use the Touch and use it every day. I bought the Apple care for my Ipad but am not even sure if I would do that again since I've heard of so few problems and most early on and Apple took care of it. I didn't buy Apple Care for the second Ipad I boight for my husband. I don't really expect many issues after 9 mos or 6 mos for the second.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an older Nano, a Classic Ipod and a Touch--all keep chugging along though I mostly only use the Touch and use it every day. I bought the Apple care for my Ipad but am not even sure if I would do that again since I've heard of so few problems and most early on and Apple took care of it. I didn't buy Apple Care for the second Ipad I boight for my husband. I don't really expect many issues after 9 mos or 6 mos for the second.

Yeah I also have a nano and a mini from a million years ago...all still work perfectly.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It'll be a year on this site for me in two weeks. For the iPad it will be on May 28th, the first day it was officially available in Canada... I had to wait from the introduction event until we could preorder. That was tough!

Last edited:

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Mine is June something. So ~ after that one year, Apple won't replace our iPads without paying, right?

I got mine literally the day they were available to the public since I pre-ordered, and had guarantee release day delivery... It was a Saturday, but it was early April - maybe the 3rd? The 1 year anniversary of the iPad is still a couple of months off....

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Isn't that always the case. Happens to me with just about every product.... just after warranty goes so does everything else, but no problems while in warranty! LOL

So if we're counting... I got my first (non 3g) in May for Mother's Day.... sold it and got the 3g when it came out in the summer.. so a year is when? LOL dang I can't 'keep track.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Isn't that always the case. Happens to me with just about every product.... just after warranty goes so does everything else, but no problems while in warranty! LOL

So if we're counting... I got my first (non 3g) in May for Mother's Day.... sold it and got the 3g when it came out in the summer.. so a year is when? LOL dang I can't 'keep track.

Lol! Nice talking to you today, woman!

Most reactions

Latest posts