What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

davidrw99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends on the feature set and how it fits into the existing tablet-sphere... I bought an iPad 1, then 2, then 3, errr... "NEW" iPad. I'll wait and what is announced but there *are* times when a smaller form would be useful... so who knows!

MarkWM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I own iPads 2 & 3. Two iPods(4th gen) and an Apple TV. That will have to do for now.

iMitch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If Apple releases an "iPad Mini" I would seriously laugh hard at Apple for the first time ever. In my opinion an iPad Mini" release would be a step backwards as I consider it overkill.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iMitch said:
If Apple releases an "iPad Mini" I would seriously laugh hard at Apple for the first time ever. In my opinion an iPad Mini" release would be a step backwards as I consider it overkill.

Not really, considering there is a market for it.

ChrisP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It all depends on the price point they decide to enter the market at...

if it is priced in line (meaning close, but slightly higher) with other similar products I may consider one for my wife and/or kids.

If it launches at a premium pricepoint and positions itself too close to the full size iPad, then not a chance...

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think this should be made into a poll.

Sent from K48AP, the classic

Alanfujii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the original iPad. I have bought my kids an iPad 2 & iPad 3 but have not felt compelled to upgrade. I would for the mini. The smaller size would be very attractive to me. I'm just hoping they don't short change the mini too much in an attempt to get to a price point.

TheHelpfulOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not upgrade from my current iPad 2 to the iPad mini, I love the size my screen is right now and would never downsize.

shady28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone that owns an iPad will end up shelling dough for the mini?

Depends on price and feature set. If it were an iPad2 downsized - then no. They have to add something I don't already have other than portability. 4G and an A6 at $400 or $450 and I would buy it. An A5 3G device at $400, or even 300? Nope.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At first I was sure that I would get a "mini", even though I got an iPad3 in March. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm kind of thinking I might go with a 7" Fire HD instead.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At first I was sure that I would get a "mini", even though I got an iPad3 in March. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm kind of thinking I might go with a 7" Fire HD instead.

I'm in the same place -- New iPad yet will purchase a 7". It will come down to price and size to determine if I'll buy the mini.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not Me, says Bob.

I bought an iPad for the big screen. Why carry something smaller; I might as well purchase a Galaxy Note. Then I end up with an unuseable "tablet" and a huge useless phone. Then I have to order new suits with bigger pockets to hold the Note. Or Jeans with bigger pockets. Then I sit on it break it, and kick my dog out of anger. So, please do not make me buy an iPad Mini . . . I do not want to kick my dog. He is a nice doggy and he does not deserve it.

I want a folding iPad. Perhaps a roll up version I can slip into my leather cigar case. But then my tweets would smell like cigar smoke. But I do not care, to heck with the readers that do not like cigar smoke. I say they can pound sand.

I might purchase a 236 inch iBuffetTable. I hear it will arrive with the iPad Mini just after the release of the iPhone 5s and before iOS 6.0a_2b_preview release. It will not run Windows 8 Preview Release, in case you wondered about that. That would be cool, right If they could build a phone into it, I would carry that. Shame those Android wanks, I'll tell you what. Now if you could fold it up so it is mini sized, I would purchase that, for sure.

The iPad mini is a bad idea. It is just another thing to make us fanboys drool and stop traffic. But it does give the idiots on the Android side something to laugh at us over.That said, let's see Samsung make fun of that device in some insipid commercial. You know the scene in that commercial where one S III users exchanges play lists just by tapping? Well, I would do a commercial where I smack an iPhone line waiter in liner across the chops and shut him the heck up. I'll get a godzillion monster views on YouTube. Then I would be an internet star.

I tried to become a Youtube star when I released "Vanillia Rain." Remember that video "Chocolate Rain?" Mine was better, I'll tell you what. I had a washtub, three banjos (Deering Crossfires and one Goodtime) and a jews harp. I can also sing. did you know that? I am a crooner to die for. I can out sing Buble AND What's her name . . . Justine Bieber. I would love to smack her across the butt with my iBuffetTable, I'll tell you what. No jury will convict me; america is tired of her.

Oh well . . .

By the way, I might be working for L-3 Communications. Just saying. Unless they read my internet crap then I am dead and I'll have to ask you all for money. Wish me luck; Friday is pee in a jar day. I had better drink plenty of fluids. But NO poppy seed bagels. Remember what happen to Jerry's friend Elaine? No thank you.

So to answer your question if you are still listening, I just might. Can I DL a phone from the iStore place?

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would love to see Apple release an iPad mini running Android. Perhaps $99.00 or so? Apple would sell lots of them and what could the Android Fanboys say? They really cant bash an Android product, can they? Can you imagine watching the forums melt? It would be epic.

Remember, Apple does not need to pay Google, either. Apple could help all of those beleaguered Android users end the endless Beta Test they have been unwittingly participating in for so many years.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just buy a Kindle Fire. Better than an iPad. Remember, it was billed as an iPad killer. You can run Android apps, iOS apps, Windows for Workgroups and the Ubuntu desktop. They hold a charge for weeks and Amazon is preparing to release the Fire 3 for 79.50 in time for Chrstmas.

I say forget iPads, their time is over; they were a fad and very few were sold. the first million were sold, but those are all on Craigs List. It is time to upgrade to the best darn tablet going, the Kindle fire 3. However, if you wait for the Kindle Fire 3s, you get "Ceri." Ask it a question and it will answer you, just like that Siri woman from Apple. And with a far less uppity attitude, too. Which is surprising since Ceri is French. Go figure.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So we might have the mini pad, the iPad for "regular" days when you just do not have a heavy use and if they offer a larger iPad and call it a Maxi iPad, I can finally walk down isle 6B without shame.

Most reactions

Latest posts