What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Here That Owns An iPad Will Buy The iPad Mini?

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone that owns an iPad will end up shelling dough for the mini?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on the price. I will almost certainly buy one for my son as a replacement for his iPod touch. I think the iPad mini will make a great step up for kids, since it will make reading books so much easier than the tiny iPod screen, if they can stay off games long enough to do any reading.

For myself, I'm comfortable with the size of the regular iPad and if I ever replace it, will go with another of regular size. Between the iPad and iPhone, my needs are well served.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will be buying one for the Mrs, she complains because her iPad is a bit too bulky for her to carry around seeing that she got used to her kindle.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like to buy the iPad mini, but I'm also intrigued by Amazon's Kindle Fire HD tablet. I spend quite a lot of money buying Amazon books so if I could get all the content I want with a Kindle and an Amazon Prime subscription, what would the iPad mini offer, except an iPad in a smaller form? I'm also interested in the Microsoft Surface as this would enable me to do work on a tablet and I can finally get all the Microsoft based files and apps running natively without having to import/export.

Isn't it a great time to have so many choices?

Laurie_

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm I'm going to take what the OP ment was If you own a Ipad already will you be buying a Mini for yourself, not someone else.
My answer would be no. I've owned the 7 inch Kindle Fire and it was just to small for me.

bifftaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it is released at the price rumoured £150 I will be buying two for my granddaughters.

Cant really see that happening... More than likely £250-£300 for the entry model. Even at that price Ill still be getting one (+ IPhone 5 :) )

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MattIM said:
I would like to buy the iPad mini, but I'm also intrigued by Amazon's Kindle Fire HD tablet. I spend quite a lot of money buying Amazon books so if I could get all the content I want with a Kindle and an Amazon Prime subscription, what would the iPad mini offer, except an iPad in a smaller form? I'm also interested in the Microsoft Surface as this would enable me to do work on a tablet and I can finally get all the Microsoft based files and apps running natively without having to import/export.

Isn't it a great time to have so many choices?

About the only thing you get with a fire HD is the lending library.....I think....all the rest you get on an iPad too. Maybe this new whisper voice thing, but you have to buy both the kindle book and the audiobook for a title. I'm not doing that.

Still, I would like another HD tab, so deciding will be hard. I just think the Kindles are so tied down.

The microsoft offering maybe something useful if they can keep the weight down and not make it too underpowered while doing so. And I need windows and a screen that I can mark up in one note with a pen. I hope they make it happen and a reasonable price point.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might get a mini iPad, depending on specs.

I have an iPad 1 and 2, a 5" Samsung Galaxy Note phablet, a Kindle fire original, an iPhone 4S and a touch 4. I've also ordered a 9" Kindle Fire HD with 64GB and LTE. So whatever else I get has to offer me additional flexibility or features that I value. I'm also considering a full-size Samsung tablet, but I'm going to wait for more solid news on what's coming out in the next few months.

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nopes ...my ipad2 is 1 year old now. It's working ok. Got to get myself a smartphone now ,that's the priority. Windows8 is the route there I guess esp since the iPhone 5 is just another incremental upgrade. About iPad mini I don't see the use of a 7 inch one when u have the big brother. IMO 9-10 is the perfect size for tablet.7 inch is ok for browsing .nothing else.I can't see myself ever buying a 7 inch one.
My next will probably a iPad 4 or if this one lasts more an ipad5 :p

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the iPad mini is great for the budget minded folks who otherwise may not purchase an iPad. With that said I have no real reason (other than it is neat) to get one. Plus there may be another purchase in the near future, cough cough, iPhone 5. :)

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont need an ipad mini now, but i would if i was going back to school or higher education. Ipad at home and the iphone when i am out is more then enough for me atm

RIP Steve Jobs 

JoeTex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Mrs. and I will be on the pre order list for 2 of them as soon as it becomes active. She is playing around with a neighbor's Kindle Fire right now and LOVES the size. We'll give our iPad 2 to our 11 year old granddaughter for her Christmas. These are indeed exciting times!!

Joe

Most reactions