Who here bought an iPad even though they dislike Apple products?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Matth3w, Jun 8, 2010.

1. henry2

henry2
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:

AT&T still drops the ball in a larger citys here in Ca area ..my AT&T iphone still drops calls in some areas of the Los Angles area up in the hills area and the some spots downtown area ..

in northern AZ area i get out ok at times .. i do get better cell service along the interstates highways than the some parts of L.a but i think a lot of it is because of the volume of traffic that goes on the city at times and AT&T was not really ready for that amount of traffic over there network ..

this month is trying to see if Verizon will take my iphone and rechip it for use with the Verizon network ..

2. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Are you rooted?

3. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    My name is Nick, and I used to be an Apple Hater.

However I, on a whim, just decided to jump on the iPad bandwagon and let me put this simply: I will never go back.

I may not love everything Apple now, as is the sentiment of many people in this thread, but I do have to say what Apple has done with the iP* devices is simply amazing.

I haven't been REALLY blown away by technolgy since the inception of LCD TVs, and I've never been so giddy about a piece of technology as I have been at the iPad.

It takes everything boring about casual computer usage and throws it out the window and sets it on fire.

From the second you turn on the iPad, even with the scarce (read: empty) applications there, you just know you have something special in your hands.

Then once you load it up with umpteen pages of apps, games, games, games and well, games, you realize that this isn't just a Netbook without a keyboard, it's not a replacement for a laptop, but it's a media device that just screams to be touched, used, played with.

I never wanted a laptop. What am I going to do on a laptop? Most of them aren't powerful enough to play high end games, and if you take that out of the equation, what else is there? Surfing, etc. Sure, I could do that on a netbook, but ever netbook I've touched is, well, boring and like a gimped out REAL laptop.

Anyway, the iPad is the device I'd always longed for. I got the 16gb version because, well, I didn't have the money to justify anything more. I sync a few gigs of music onto it and take it to work. I can put away my junky speakers and my Zune dock and use my iPad to play music.

I now have a media device that I can't wait to turn to and play with. Whether it be a quick game of Angy Birds, reading a comic, or a book, or just to look at some family photos, it's quick, responsive and, have I mentioned this yet? Fun. Damn fun.

I tried going the non-standard way of technology. I got a Zune, shunning the iPod devices. I got a Touch Pro 2, shunning the iPhone. Each time that I got one, I looked at the "sheep" who had the iP* devices and went "Hah, look at you and your devices!"

Now that I'm coming out of my Apple Hate bubble, I'm realizing that the reason so many people like these devices is, well, because they're easy to use and they provide enjoyment, like you'd hope music/media/etc playes to be.

I will likely never buy another MP3 player, but if I do it'll be an iP* device (unless something that has 120gb+ of storage hits the world, my Zune it'll be!)

If I buy another phone, it will be an iPhone.

I may stick with Windows for my Desktop/Laptops, simply because I'll be blowing so much money on iPods/Pads/Phones, but I've embraced Apple, and they get my nod for awesome media devices...

Now if only iPhoto would work for the PC or Jobs accepted Picasa... sigh..

4. cherhall

cherhall
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I find everyone who touches my iPad, wants one. Spent weeks telling a friend on the West Coast that he should get one, and he finally did a few days ago. His first message to me after was "OMG I love it!" I don't care for Apple computers, but I don't think I've ever liked a new tech gadget as much as my iPad.

5. Dr.Gee

Dr.Gee
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Jobbs is akin to a sleazy drug dealer you have to deal with to get the good stuff(ipad/ipod).

6. NumbLock

NumbLock
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I dislike Apple business practices and even more, people who defend them no matter what.

I can't foresee any time in the next ten years ever possibly owning a Mac.

But they make the best darn gadgets the world has ever known.

7. adamh10

adamh10
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Not going to lie, I'm an Apple fanboy and that's why I bought this iPad.

Loving every minute of it though.

8. Matth3w

Matth3w
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    :D

I have to agree.

9. Niffykat

Niffykat
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob