What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who has ordered an Otterbox Defender series case for their iPad 2?

Macguy76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just ordered one from Otterbox.com as it just became available this morning!

It's actually for my wife, due to where she works and I don't want to see her new iPad get any damage.

If you have ordered one, where are you planning to use your iPad 2 with it?

Just curious.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered one. I currently have a smart cover and I have a switcheasy coverbuddy on the way. Reason I got this is for when I go out and do photography I can put the iPad in the defender and not have to worry about the case flexing and possibly cracking the screen as the casebuddy doesn't look all that rigid.

schmidtj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my Otterbox. It triples the weight of the iPad but the protection is superb. I use it to protect it mostly while it's being transported in my backpack.
Some of the folks at work think it's a bit of overkill but I think they might just be jealous.
J

gmaines

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just orered mine through Gleemobile. $75 and free freight....it is for the iPad 2, should ship today and I should get it in a couple of days... got a great deal..

mrbunglez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used a coupon code @ otterbox and got it for 80 bucks with free shipping. Use coupon code tb0411u and it'll give you free shipping and 10% off.

Buttafingas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine yesterday. Not sure how I'll like it. Going with a Saddleback case if the Otterbox doesn't work out. Should have the defender next week.

Buttafingas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Costco has it for $59.99

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

I had a co-worker receive the Costco case for his ipad 2. The only problem was, it was for ipad 1. I don't think OtterBox inventory has hit many retail outlets just yet.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered and received. Plan to use it all the time. Love the stand. Ima heavy handed so I am enjoying the additional weight. Gonna get my free screen saver applied this weekend.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

laserguy007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Picked mine up at Walmart. Costco was backordered till mid June. Have an Otter Box for my iPhone 4 and can't live with out it. The case makes sense if you use a messenger bag to lug it around.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 64GB + 3G Verizon using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts