1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Who felt the Quake on the East coast?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ttipad, Aug 23, 2011.

1. ttipad

ttipad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did anyone else feel the quake today?

I love my JB iPad!!
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +785 / 0
    YES! But only in retrospect - I'm in Piedmont North Carolina and was computing on my den chair which is a rocker-recliner - well it started to shake just a little and I thought it was me, but not so; THUS, I'm assuming that the movement was from the quake - not too impressive here! :)
  3. Harley man

Harley man iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I did not I was on my motorcycle at that time did not feel a thing but got a few Tex asking if I did

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF
  4. Jeeper

Jeeper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I'm in Michigan, I was in my car ~2:00 when I thought it started to run funny (kinda shakey). Like nothing I've felt before (and I'm a mechanic). It past in a few moments, and when I saw the local news...ohhh.
  5. ttipad

ttipad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was in a building when it happened and since I am in the DC metro area we thought the worst until it went on a bit longer! After living in Cali for ages it soon dawned on me what it was! Folks started to dash out - one of the few times I have seen people run out of a building so fast! I sat in my chair once I realized it couldn't get much worse! Anyhoo, we were evacuated - building was closed up the day! My bf works downtown and he had to deal w a sea of suited zombies walking about in a bewildered state!

When I lived in Cali, I once experienced a quake while sitting in a rocking chair. I was watching a landslide (some news report) and felt like I was sliding outta my chair - talk about interactive TV!! 

I love my JB iPad!!
  6. DrHouse

DrHouse iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    I felt it too, but it was really strange. I was on the second floor, and it was kind of shacking slowly. Almost like the building was swinging...

VicoPad addict!
  7. ttipad

ttipad iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Amazing how far the quake was felt right!! Up to Toronto, west to Chicago even Detroit and as far south as Georgia!

I love my JB iPad!!
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2011