What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who felt the Quake on the East coast?

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did anyone else feel the quake today?

I love my JB iPad!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
YES! But only in retrospect - I'm in Piedmont North Carolina and was computing on my den chair which is a rocker-recliner - well it started to shake just a little and I thought it was me, but not so; THUS, I'm assuming that the movement was from the quake - not too impressive here! :)

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in Michigan, I was in my car ~2:00 when I thought it started to run funny (kinda shakey). Like nothing I've felt before (and I'm a mechanic). It past in a few moments, and when I saw the local news...ohhh.

OP
ttipad

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was in a building when it happened and since I am in the DC metro area we thought the worst until it went on a bit longer! After living in Cali for ages it soon dawned on me what it was! Folks started to dash out - one of the few times I have seen people run out of a building so fast! I sat in my chair once I realized it couldn't get much worse! Anyhoo, we were evacuated - building was closed up the day! My bf works downtown and he had to deal w a sea of suited zombies walking about in a bewildered state!

When I lived in Cali, I once experienced a quake while sitting in a rocking chair. I was watching a landslide (some news report) and felt like I was sliding outta my chair - talk about interactive TV!! 

I love my JB iPad!!

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
I felt it too, but it was really strange. I was on the second floor, and it was kind of shacking slowly. Almost like the building was swinging...

VicoPad addict!

OP
ttipad

ttipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Amazing how far the quake was felt right!! Up to Toronto, west to Chicago even Detroit and as far south as Georgia!

I love my JB iPad!!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts