What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White spot on screen? not sure..

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So just this morning, i notice small spot on my ipad screen. It's white and it's visible to light colors but not visible when i go to any black color. It's also not visible to all angles, just the screen facing you. I did a research if this is some kind of a dead pixel or a stuck pixel and no luck.. though i tried the troubleshoot using the solutions online about those problems and it's no luck.

I tried resetting it(holding home buttom & lock at the same time and to my surprise, the white spot also appeared in the screen as it try to boot.

I also thought it's some kind of a backlight issue, but this is my first time to encounter this in any of my device, even my old ipad 3 never had this. So if there's anything, could anyone help me out? My 1 year warranty is over and so troubleshooting it myself is my last hope.

I also wonder what cause this since i never put pressure on it's screen + it has tempered glass and a cover. I addition to that, i never dropped it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 543
Last edited:

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
looks like liquid got into the backlight section of the lcd somehow. It's barely noticeable in the pic. Not much can be done about it besides replacing the lcd.

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
how did that happen though? like, what could have i done wrong?
Will it get worst, or will it forever be an annoying looking spot?

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Might have been condensation or a spill. Maybe it was a defect that was always there and just caught your attention. Likely won't get worse, but it likley won't go away either.

Most reactions

Latest posts