What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White & Silver iPad Mini Already Sold Out in Online Store

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
ipad-mini.png

AppleInsider reports that no sooner has the Apple Online store started taking pre-orders today, all models of the White & Silver version have already sold out, with hopeful customers now being met with the news that their chosen iPad mini will not be available to ship for another two weeks. The Black & Slate version is not proving to be quite so popular, however, as that is still available for deliver on November 2. Although some analysts have been quick to air their disappointment at the entry-level configuration’s $329 price point, the majority of them still think that the iPad mini will do very well, and it would seem that this early sell-out is already proving their optimism to be well-founded. Others have criticised some of the tablet’s specs in comparison with cheaper Android tablets, but it remains to be seen how much effect this will have on sales.

Source: White & silver iPad mini sells out of launch day delivery

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The black ones are probably more popular and they made fewer white ones.

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
The black ones are probably more popular and they made fewer white ones.

Yes possible! I know the white ones are often very popular though, would be interesting to see a breakdown of the sales figures.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The white one is really, really purdy (on the front) but the rear of the black one catches my fancy.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes possible! I know the white ones are often very popular though, would be interesting to see a breakdown of the sales figures.

Yes, would be. I don't think Apple releases them, but I've seen refs in carrier mentions that white iPhone was selling well. I know in China white is popular partly because it's more conspicuous -- so people can flaunt it more easily. There's also a scarcity thing that's surfaced, which maybe Apple is trying to manipulate.

Most reactions

Latest posts