What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

white or black?

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
White seems to be selling better because iPad 1 only offered black. Don't think it really matters in the long run.

It does matter.
I bought one of each and when I got home and turned them on, the difference stood out.
The black will provide you a brighter screen experience than the white.
Both screens are the obviously the same but not to the perspective one sees.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does matter.
I bought one of each and when I got home and turned them on, the difference stood out.
The black will provide you a brighter screen experience than the white.
Both screens are the obviously the same but not to the perspective one sees.

I agree.

I have a black one and my boss bought a white one (because it was all he could get at the time)

After we compared them side by side for a week or so, he returned the white one and waited for a black version.

jrp95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freethegadget.com
color change

I have the white iPad 2 and I am worried that sweat, dirt, grime will (over time) wear down the pretty white to an ugly yellow tint. So in my opinion go black.:ipad-keyboard:

DQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
fitcious said:
what color would you choose for the ipad2? why? the only reason i would get white is that it shows less fingerprints.

Black, only black. White looks funky to me.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why not pink.... I sell computers in a retail major store..... Some time back we received a laptop in 4 colors 5 of each Pink sold out fast some users didnt even ask about the specs, Green was second, then red and finally Blue/ white

My point is simple does it really matter what a consumer wants it is there choice The fact that iPads are offered in white and black satisfies many users whom just do not like black
Same for iPhones. The same applies with iPod nano. blue is fastest seller followed by black then pink well at least where I work.
Many users whom are in same house hold just want a different color so they can pick their own iPad

Last edited:

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went for black for the contrast reasons too. I would have gone for dark-to-mid grey (with a tiny hint of green) if they'd been a choice because that's an even better tone for viewing colours such as photos and stuff. Maybe on iPad3.

Reaction score
I have white. Why?? Cause I wanted to be different, but saying that I bought my husband a black one yesterday. I think the white is brighter, I haven't watched a movie yet, so don't know how that will be. Would choose white again. I have pink cover and my husband has black leather. :)
In general both are fantastic... Both ipad2....Thanks apple

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Steve.... you listening? potential extra money here :) custom coloured iPads//iPhones

not that you need any more money like....

SingingSabre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting black. I think it looks crisper and sleeker.

Plus, white is too variable. When showing off my photos, I'm quite particular about how neutral (or not) my whites are.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Black. Image does appear crisper, didn't want White anyway.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using iPF

EAriza412

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason I just enjoy the white, I don't think too much about all the specs but that's not to say I don't enjoy playing with my girlfriends black iPad2 just as much. It's nice having access to both.

Most reactions

Latest posts