What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White or black?

White or black?

• Total voters

TillysWilly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yea i got a black phone, laptop, tv, truck, streetbike and PS3 so bet you can't guess what color im getting

WHITE WHITE WHITE

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'll get black. I just like it better. But if I were making my choice based on logic, I'd get the white. If the iPad 2 still has that small overheating problem then the white case should be slightly less susceptible.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I'll get black. I just like it better. But if I were making my choice based on logic, I'd get the white. If the iPad 2 still has that small overheating problem then the white case should be slightly less susceptible.

IPad has an overheating problem? Wow, I didn't even know!

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm giving up on iPad 2 and getting the iphone 5 since it will be on verizon. Hopefully it will be available in white!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

IPad has an overheating problem? Wow, I didn't even know!

When they first came out a few people were claiming their iPads overheated in direct sunlight. This was late spring, early summer, in New York I think. The solution was to turn it off, and get it out of the sun. There was no permanent damage reported. iPads shut down when they overheat to prevent damage.

It was a big thing for maybe two days, and then the story just died. Probably because everyone realized they would have the same problem with any black computer/tablet they tried to use outside, in the sun, on a hot day.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would choose white because it looks better in my opinion. I only use my iPad within my house anyway.

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the white, so it'll hopefully stay a bit cooler outdoors on hotter days. That, and the iPad's back is silver which matches the white better.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rambler358 said:
I'm leaning towards the white, so it'll hopefully stay a bit cooler outdoors on hotter days. That, and the iPad's back is silver which matches the white better.

I like your avatar.

Abrahamster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think I will get the white, only because it will look dirty if you use it a lot!!!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rambler358 said:

Love the avatar. Skrat is my one of may favourite characters,

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
Love the avatar. Skrat is my one of may favourite characters,

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

Me too. It's funny.

Most reactions

Latest posts