What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White dot help

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I updated several Cydia apps and now I have a white dot that's following me around when I touch my screen. Please help me figure out how to turn it off.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you install DisplayRecorder and set it to always show the screen touches? If so, set it to off in the Settings app.

Last edited:
OP
Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I have adblocker, btlogo, btstack, cydelete, display out, full force, safari full screen, infinifolders, isocialshare, retina pad and winter board.

Last edited:
OP
Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please, can anyone help me? This is very annoying. Anytime that I touch my iPad, I get a white dot under my fingers. It's recognizing where I am touching and placing a marker there. I can touch it with one finger or ten and I will get as many white dots as I place fingers on the screen.

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Start uninstalling apps starting with the last one you remember installing. Respring after each uninstall and test.

linggar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ALcH3Mi5T said:
Start uninstalling apps starting with the last one you remember installing. Respring after each uninstall and test.

How to uninstall program or application ....

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can simply press on any icon until they start to jiggle. The touch the upper left hand corner of the app that you want to delete. You'll be asked to confirm that you want to delete and, if you accept, it's gone.

Tim

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To uninstall Cydia apps, you need to go to the Install tab on Cydia, select the tweak and when it open, select "Remove" under the Modify button (upper right hand side).

I see you have CyDelete, so some Cydia apps can be deleted with the hold/wiggle method. However, some Cydia tweaks don't have icons to hold/wiggle, even with CyDelete - so you have to go to Cydia.

Oh, and in case ALcH3Mi5T's directions weren't clear, you want to uninstall/reboot/reinstall your Cydia apps/tweaks, not the App Store ones. That's because your problem is, more than likely, caused by something you did that's connected with your jail break.

Try uninstalling btlogo, btstack, cydelete, display out, full force, or isocialshare because I have the other apps you listed currently installed and they are running on my iPad with no trouble. I'm thinking it might be btlogo, btstack or isocialshare - mainly because I've run the other apps with no trouble.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Siddys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same issue with the white dot/circle

I have found that Displayout is the culprit, if uninstall the programme the problem goes away, if i reinstall the white dot issue comes back

To stop the issue go to, Settings/Displayout and set 'Show taps' to Never

Last edited:

Kram2311

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Taps

Just go to settings, Display Out, Show Taps, select never and your done.

OP
Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! A million THANK YOUS to Siddys and KRAM!!! That does it!!!!! You two are AMAZING in my book!

linggar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
You can simply press on any icon until they start to jiggle. The touch the upper left hand corner of the app that you want to delete. You'll be asked to confirm that you want to delete and, if you accept, it's gone.

Tim

Thanx for your help

Most reactions