1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Which way should the mart cover fold?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by sean_14, Dec 20, 2011.

1. sean_14

sean_14 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I make mine into a triangle the polyurethane is on the outside but on another I see that the grey microfiber is on the outside, which is the right wy?
  2. locoman

locoman iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the comment.
    Since I go my smart cover I have been rolling it up so that the suede side was out. Never liked doing it that way, because I didn't like the side of the cover that went against the screen being on the desk, collecting dust and dirt. And, I never thought of rolling it the other way. I just rolled it with the top part of the cover exposed and it works just as well that way without any problems.

Again, thanks for the observation.
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,915 / 1
    It can be done either way, and works fairly well when the iPad is laying flattish; however when you wrap it outside out, don't try to use propped at the steeper upright angle, or the roll comes undone and your iPad ends up plopped instead.
  4. Nakedbabytoes

Nakedbabytoes iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Just took mine off. Easy snap on/off was simpler than origami-ing the darn thing into a platypus shape to hold with one hand or flipping it open & having the microfiber lay on the table, then touch my screen.
  5. locoman

locoman iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good point about the more vertical issue, twerp poet. Didn't think of that.