What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which way do you recommend jailbreaking out of these two?

What should I do?

• Wait and see what jailbreakme has to offer

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Jailbreak using redsn0w

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

iNathanLite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
redsn0w or jailbreakme?

Ok so I was going to jailbreak my iPad Running on iOS 4.3.3 using redsn0w untill I found out about jailbreakme's teaser. I've jailbroken my iPod touch 2G on iOS 4.0 once before using jailbreakme but never used redsn0w. I now kind of want to wait and see what jailbreakme has to offer, hopefully a jailbreak for 4.3.3 which would be so cool if we could slide to jailbreak from that version! But at the same time I don't want to wait to long as I want to jailbreak pretty soon.

What you guys think I should do?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a comprehensive tutorial on redsn0w in our guides section, along with lots of other good guides, plus the stickies in the hacking section.

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...tutorial-jailbreak-ipad1-redsn0w-windows.html

I would respectfully suggest that if tutorial seems too complex and the most you can deal with is a "slide to unlock" jailbreak (as awesome as that is), then perhaps jailbreaking is not for you... Hopefully you want to explore the full power of your iPad. If that's the case, you need to be confident and develop your skills :)

Give redsn0w a shot. If you follow the instructions to the letter it is virtually foolproof... If you get into trouble, come back and ask for help.

Oh, and make sure you have also read the rules in my sig! :D

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well... You could always install and use the redsn0w JB, then later format the iPad, and then install and test jailbreakme's JB. Just because you jailbroke it once doest mean that you can do it again, with firmware from a different author! :D

Just my two cents...

*Edit*

I agree with f4780y, you could muster up the courage and try redsn0w. If you run into any bumps in the road, just ask for help in the "Hacking Section" of the forums. We are more than happy to help! :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts