What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which VPN service do you use?

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am about to leave for the carribean. I am wondering which VPN service do you guys use outside of U.S. to connect to your netflix, hulu and or pandora.

lprmcnit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We user the Juniper VPN client for connection from an iPad on a public wi-fi network to our internal corporate network..but I'm not sure why you would use vpn for the apps you've mentioned, particularly Netflix..this functions on the public internet...when I've used Pandora on my (ahem :)) Blackberry, it also seems to work over the public internet....

lprmcnit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on that. I had no idea that iw would work outside the US. I know it works great within the US. Hope you find a way to work through. Maybe an rdp client of some type would work, ..I imagine you'd need a box with a ip address in the US visible to the internet....I have had good luck using rdp from an IOS device, though as you can imagine data input is not very fun.

OP
M

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im suprise, no one else uses proxy servers in this forum.... or maybe this forum is not very popular to users outside of U.S....

thomasfals

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thomasfals.com
I have used Netflix on the iPad ever since the app came out. I have written a guide on how to set it up - take a look in my signature below.

OP
M

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have seen your review before, I was just hoping I could get opinion from more than one person. Looks like I'm out of luck. I don't see why this is not more popular, I guess we need to wait until there is more ipad uses outside of u.s.

blzaner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm also in the same category as I live in Portugal and want to access Netflix, Hulu etc. I'll check back for updates.

Singapura

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in Singapore and Hotspot Shield works fine for Netflix and Pandora. Haven't tried Hulu yet though. It was extremely easy to set up on mu iPad and Mac.

OP
M

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm in Singapore and Hotspot Shield works fine for Netflix and Pandora. Haven't tried Hulu yet though. It was extremely easy to set up on mu iPad and Mac.

I tried hotspot shield. It doesn't work in Dominica, it causes hulu and netflix to stutter severly. In addition hotspot shield has a 2 GB limit per month.

zaq123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, i am about to leave for the carribean. I am wondering which VPN service do you guys use outside of U.S. to connect to your netflix, hulu and or pandora.

Hello. There is a VPN-service called VPN4ALL. It is a simple but very powerful program that allows to connect one of 20 (and growing) servers in one click. The servers are very fast. They can provide some extra services like anchor IP, built-in anti-virus, anti-spam and anti-phishing protection. It ranks the first place in the bestvpnreviews.com rating. You may try free trial version of the product: w ww .vpn4all. com/ trial. As to the iPad version, the customer live support says that this version is going to be ready in the end of this year. So, looking forward for it...

OP
M

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I got myself strongvpn. It works well for netflix but doesn't work on hulu. Netflix is so much better so i don't care about hulu. By the way my location is the commonwealth of Dominica.

Gadget01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so I got myself strongvpn. It works well for netflix but doesn't work on hulu. Netflix is so much better so i don't care about hulu. By the way my location is the commonwealth of Dominica.

I'm a USAF servicemember stationed in Japan, and StrongVPN's San Francisco server works great for accessing Netflix streaming content. It would be nice if Netflix would accommodate us without having to resort to faking my IP address, but oh well.

outlaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just search for VPN accounts on google! Simple and many results

Most reactions

Latest posts