Which one to go for Ipad Mini 2 or Ipad Mini 4

Discussion in 'iPad Mini Forum' started by sarahgad, Feb 13, 2017.

1. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    All my devices share the same data plan. It cost 10 dollars to add a tablet to your phone's data plan through Verizon. At least it does here. I have a 14 GB limit, which is twice what I need in a typical month (some of it through promotions that applied when buying new devices). Overkill, but it cuts down on the stress (if you don't count bill paying day).

I have two iPhones and two iPads on my plan; though my mother's devices rarely leave home, so their data usage is trivial.

Edit: Changed AT&T to Verizon. I was with AT&T for over a decade before I got an iPhone, so I keep making this mistake.

#31 twerppoet, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Thomas1977

Thomas1977
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I must ask the question what in the world is Mi-fi.?

3. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's a mobile WiFi hotspot that enables you to connect a WiFi only device to the internet where there's no fixed WiFi hotspots. The device requires a cellular data plan.

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi Thomas - SciFan.. has already explained Mi-Fi which has come up numerous times in this forum - remember 'Google' is your friend as shown below - link HERE - there are plenty of options available. Wife and I do a lot of local traveling from spring to fall and have Wi-Fi only iPads, however, we always stay in places w/ in-room Wi-Fi; her iPhone works well in the car if we need to get online. Dave :)
    Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 11.51.00 PM.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Tommy96

Tommy96
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I was a T-mobile customer for many years here in the UK. My Samsung Note 3 was on an unlimited data tariff. However, when they were taken over by EE, unlimited data became a thing of the past.
    I got my first iPhone (6s) just under a year ago, and this was on a 4 gig data plan, with my iPad Air on a 2 gig plan. I moved to their maxi plan late last year. I now get 25 gigs of data on my phone for £4 less a month - it was a no brainier. This includes 15 gigs of roaming within the EU. My iPad Air data was increased to 15 gigs....that includes EU roaming too. So I have loads of data at my disposal lol.

6. Thomas1977

Thomas1977
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ok Now I see what mi-fi is that is pretty cool.

7. sarahgad

sarahgad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hey, thank you for the suggestion. I think i will having to wait for a while before i get to elevate some budget.

8. sarahgad

sarahgad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Where did you get the rumor from? Any source as it is just a day to go for the MWC Conference.

9. sarahgad

sarahgad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That was what i was thinking to do initially, but with the recommendations coming in and the rumor news of the new one launching in March, i believe can wait a little.
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

10. sarahgad

sarahgad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well, i never knew about this Mi-FI thing before.