What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which is your Favorite Country ?

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The United States of America. To be more specific, Ohio. :D

Ldsdad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If we're not counting our native countries - I'm an American - my second choice would be Japan.
I love Japan.
It looks similar to Western countries at first glance, but the customs, traditions, and values that most of the Judeo-Christian Western civilizations are built on aren't part of Japanese tradition. I LOVE the food, language (Kanji is fun once you learn it!), the people, etc. I lived there off-and-on for twenty years, and some of my favorite (pre-married) memories are when I spent a whole day just wandering/exploring the streets, shops, and parks of Tokyo. Man I love that city...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
For living I just love London! Can't wait to move back, finances permitting.

I have always wanted to visit, maybe live for a while, up in Canada or the state of Alaska (I'll end up just taking a cruise!).

The Archangel

Don't forget to visit. We have cookies (and mountains).

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

valinrace

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to live in London, and Canada. Hope I could live there in the future.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Chile

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Attachments

• image-1719440986.jpg
    image-1719440986.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 142

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Torres de Paine ! One of the most beautiful places I know :))

PS: I forgot to answer the question ;-) I guess that would be NYC , where I spent my childhood ...

Chile

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Last edited:

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The middle east, naturally. Lots of great deals on guns and no background checks.

Pidjengirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just been to Crete and it was lovely! Simple living! Only bad thing is when you walk down the restaurant strip by the beach you are badgered by the owners saying "come in! Deals...this and that blah blah" which is annoying but it was so beautiful there! I'd love to live there.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Im going to pick two countries:

Switzerland, around San Gallen/Romanshorn area, south of the Bodensee. I have spent many summers on the Bodensee. Here is a picture of the Bodensee from the hills of San Gallen. If you can look towards the center of the photo, there is a peninsula sticking into the lake, that is Romanshorn.

7eb9231e.jpg

Another country, I would choose to live in is Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. I spent several spring seasons here @ Ipanema. This is a view of the beach, in the shadow of the twin rock out croppings is the Sheraton.

e96a18e3.jpg

These are not my photos. I didn't have a decent camera when I lived in these countries. The Swiss and Carioca people are very similar in their love for the land, their jeux d'vivre, and how grateful they live where they live.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My home country, Canada.
So vast. Still so many places I haven't been. And I'd better hurry up.

AA

Is it possible to "do" Canada in one lifetime? I love this country, and I'm privileged to see bits of it that most Canadians don't even know exist.

The Canada bucket list has to include:
The Mackenzie Valley ice road to Norman Wells
Yellowknife during one of the magnificent auroral displays visible from there
Vancouver Island
Lake Louise, and why not chuck in the whole Banff/Louise ski area
The Icefields Parkway and the Columbia Icefield

I could go on all night, and I've never been east of the Saskatchewan/Manitoba border.

Most reactions