What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which is the best media player for iPad?

hifqehf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which is the best media player for iPad?Discussing each other.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Outside of iTunes content?

OPlayer HD, and AVPlayerHD are probably the most recommended audio/video player apps on the forum. I have OPlayer, but rarely use it; because I rarely download and watch non-iTunes content on my iPad.

What few movies I do watch on the iPad tend to be streaming content from Hulu or the likes.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Outside of iTunes content? OPlayer HD, and AVPlayerHD are probably the most recommended audio/video player apps on the forum. I have OPlayer, but rarely use it; because I rarely download and watch non-iTunes content on my iPad. What few movies I do watch on the iPad tend to be streaming content from Hulu or the likes.

For all round compatibility and accessibility, nPlayer is a stand out. I used to use OPlayerHD, but since they lost some of the audio codecs due to legal reasons, it was hit and miss on the audio front.

nPlayer I my highly recommended media player app of choice!

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For all round compatibility and accessibility, nPlayer is a stand out. I used to use OPlayerHD, but since they lost some of the audio codecs due to legal reasons, it was hit and miss on the audio front. nPlayer I my highly recommended media player app of choice!

But if you want a free app, you can use GPlayer, which is free ONLY FOR TODAY (6/12), on AppsGoneFree, which is a free app.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What I have not seen anywhere, but would like to see, is a comparative analysis of the players available on iOS. Without this, asking what the "best" is is a fruitless endeavor which just gets folks mentioning what they use or like best and then it comes down to answer by popular vote, which is no answer at all. I have several players on my iPad (which is one reason I have 300+ apps on it) but I still have no clue which is best. Having many means if one doesn't have a feature I need at the moment, or if one player doesn't work on a particular file, then I have several other options to address the matter.

Most reactions

Latest posts