What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which is the best iPad generation ever?

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The title says it all. Here we can debate, and compare the iPad 1, 2, 3, and 4. (And possibly when the iPad 5 is released, we can add that to this thread)

Personally I find the iPad 2 better. What really is a major stepback for iPad 3 and 4 is the high resolution. Sure the
graphics will look better, the camera resolution and video resolution will be better, but the better the resolution, the more it will consume memory, Plus they are heavier for about 10%, while iPad 2 is the lightest.

What really annoyed me, is that the iPad 3 and 4 re-charging time is takes up to 2 TIMES as long as the the re-charging
of iPad 2. Plus that that iPad 2 is cheaper than iPad 3 and 4.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Right now it's the iPad 2 and the iPad 4. Both were rather major updates to their predecessors. The iPad 3 offered a retina display as the main update which is great but not as much as what the second and fourth gen models offered. The iPad 5 might be the best of all. So, it seems that every other iPad release gives you the biggest upgrade versus previous versions.

OP
Victor Ruidera

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now it's the iPad 2 and the iPad 4. Both were rather major updates to their predecessors. The iPad 3 offered a retina display as the main update which is great but not as much as what the second and fourth gen models offered. The iPad 5 might be the best of all. So, it seems that every other iPad release gives you the biggest upgrade versus previous versions.

I never really thought that the latest gadget is the best. iPad 3 is just really not memory wise and battery wise. Charging time almost takes up my entire day.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I never really thought that the latest gadget is the best. iPad 3 is just really not memory wise and battery wise. Charging time almost takes up my entire day.

That doesn't sound right to me. My ipad 4 only took a few hours to charge and was never even run down by the end of the day. I'm an intense gamer too.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use an iPad 3 and don't feel the charging time is unreasonably slow. Personally, I could never use anything lower than the iPad 3 because once you use a retina display iPad, the iPad 2's screen looks like crap.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i still have iPad 2 and have no other to compare it with but it's now 2 years old and still going strong,it's as fast and zippy as it ever was and does everything i want,it never has any problems (touch wood)so for me ipad 2 still rocks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I owned an iPad 2, 16 GB with 3 G, and still have iPad 3, 64 GB and Wi-Fi only.

I never had a doubt that the iPad 2 is the better device, although I love the retina display of my iPad 3.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
i still have iPad 2 and have no other to compare it with but it's now 2 years old and still going strong,it's as fast and zippy as it ever was and does everything i want,it never has any problems (touch wood)so for me ipad 2 still rocks.

Well, I'm in the same situation - iPad 2 in spring of 2011 (Wi-Fi only) - still serves all of my needs (which are minimal as a retired academic guy) - along w/ the BT Apple keyboard, the device has completely replaced bringing along a laptop on our frequent short car trips around North Carolina & adjacent states - we stay at places that always have Wi-Fi access - SO, I'm in no hurry to replace it - wife now has the iPad Mini w/ a better camera (which might have nudged me?) - Dave :)

OP
Victor Ruidera

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Developers focus on iPad 2 more. so you will see a lot more greats apps there than iPad 4 and iPad 5. The high resolution just makes the memory of those pictures and videos even more higher.

Most reactions

Latest posts