What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which is faster 3G or Wifi?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marie's speed test --

speedtest2.jpg

(Yes, I rotated your screen shot and clipped out the part I wanted to show!)

My speed test --

speedtest.jpg

Marie, I hope you're not paying too much for your service! Your speed, well... ummm... kinda sucks... big time!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't care what that speed tests shows. My computers are extremely fast from page to page and if they weren't I'd spoon out my eyes. I am always bitching about everyone's computer how slow it is ~ I could not take it!

So is my iPad.:D

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And what are you doing up at 5:30 on a Saturday while on vacation???

Marie... you need a real vacation!!!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its almost 8:00 here in flyover country. I have six dogs to walk and feed! (Actually we have a doggie door so they can go out any time they want. The walk is more for my benefit than theirs!)

Sleep is for wusses! I will sleep when I retire... unless I have an early tee time!

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 - out of curiosity, what is your connection speed meant to be? Your results suggest an actual speed similar to mine if its accurately inaccurate (if you get what I mean!).

Sweetpoison - in answer to your last question.. It's not that clear what it is using, but you can figure it out. If you have both wifi and cellular data enabled - from left to right you have your cellular signal strength, your service provider, and then either a kinda upside down triangle with a curved top made of three bars (full wifi strength with 3..) - if your accessing the net with that displayed, you're on wifi; OR "3G" or a little circle - which indicates your using your cellular data plan to access the net.

If that's not clear, I'll grab a couple of screen shots to illustrate.

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and then either a kinda upside down triangle with a curved top made of three bars (full wifi strength with 3..) - if your accessing the net with that displayed, you're on wifi; OR "3G" or a little circle - which indicates your using your cellular data plan to access the net.

If that's not clear, I'll grab a couple of screen shots to illustrate.

I think I'm seeing that now.

I don't think I have ever seen a little circle, for 3G. When I am out in the field, like in my car, will that still be WiFi or 3G?p

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 - out of curiosity, what is your connection speed meant to be? Your results suggest an actual speed similar to mine if its accurately inaccurate (if you get what I mean!).
Its meant to be fast, but I honestly don't know what my connection is rated at. Just for shitums and grins, I did the 2000kb test on my iPad --

speedtest3.jpg

Can't complain! This is pretty much the same speed as my PC that is hard-wired to the router.

Last edited:

Most reactions