What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which is faster 3G or Wifi?

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No need for an app. Just google Mobile Speedtest on your Ipad and run the 5MB test.
OK pretty is one thing. But butt ugly is another. I ain't goin' to that crappy lookin' throwback to 1999 anymore. That was all we had in 2007 when iPhone came out.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
feebb375.png

Okay! Here are my results.

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have an iPhone, though.....

You don't need an iPhone, it will run on the iPad.

Michael

Oh. Right. I so knew that.:D

Do all iPhone apps run on the iPad?

From my experience they all do. They do look pretty bad unless you are rooted. If you are you can download fullforce from cydia. It forces iphone apps to run in full resolution and allows you to use the ipad keyboard. It's worth it for the facebook app alone!

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my wifi is faster on on broadband than my friends, ;)

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shitums. Everytime I take a screen snapshot it is sideways like that! How come?

you have to rotate it using another app. like photobucket or any of those apps that lets you edit images.

Last edited:

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That site really isn't so accurate -my 20mb cable connection shows as 702kbps with the 100kbs test, and 1992kbps with the 3mb test...

Speedtest.net iPhone app returned 19002kbps... ;)

Last edited:

fenderprowler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.freeipadjailbreak.org
I am trying to understand these two. I have both. One, I pay $25 monthly for to AT&T because I wanted to be able to always access the Internet and there is no contract. Join anytime, cancel anytime.

Then ~

I also have WiFi.

I feel so dumb as I don't remember which one I pay through Comcast and AT&T.:eek:

And which one is faster? At home, here, I think I use WiFi more....shitums. I have no clue.

Doesn't it say up top in the left hand corner what I'm using?
WiFi is faster, 3G uses more battery. And WiFi is cheaper!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That site really isn't so accurate -my 20mb cable connection shows as 702kbps with the 100kbs test, and 1992kbps with the 3mb test...

Speedtest.net iPhone app returned 19002kbps... ;)

Yeah, I figured that. My iPad and computer are so very fast. I so could not settle for anything less.

Most reactions