Which is Best scanner for ipad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Keith66, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Keith66

Keith66
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have a scanner on my printer but I tend to use my Ipad rather than the PC.
    Occasionally I need to scan in a letter or a document and send it out.
    What is the best way of scanning on an Ipad?

2. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't really tell you the best app to scan with (there are so MANY at the AppStore!), but I can tell you the one I use and can highly recommend. It's an app called Scanner Pro (link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scanner-pro-by-readdle/id333710667?mt=8). Right now, it's on sale at $2.99 (USD), down from $6.99. It has the capability to link to Dropbox and Evernote, plus you can email a scan. I use it to scan my debit and credit card receipts, which I send to Dropbox for safekeeping.

While I was looking for the link to the above, I also saw this by the same developer. It's called "Scanner Mini" and it's free (link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scanner-mini-free-document/id581365763?mt=8). Maybe this might work (also or in addition to)?

I'm sure others will be along to give their input. Happy researching. :)

Marilyn

3. Keith66

Keith66
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks Marilyn :) - that is very helpful because there are so many apps available and I have tried a couple and have been disappointed.
    The scanner pro seems to be just what I am looking for.
    I use Evernote and Dropbox quite a lot so the ability to scan to those would be great.
    I will take a closer look at the pro and a look at the mini.
    Keith

4. The OB

The OB
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Whoa, just downloaded it. Just what I was looking for. Thanks Marilyn:)
    Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Yep. I give a big thumbs up to Scanner Pro too. Those Readdle people are always talking me out of my money. ;)

There's even a FAX option; though I've never tested it.

6. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    So, I was playing with this Scanner Pro app (looking for the aforementioned fax function cause I've never seen it before) and look what I can do (and did) to a photo I took:

[​IMG]

Pretty cool way to make a pen and ink "drawing" from a photo. Sometimes, it's the little things, you know?

Marilyn

And yes, I am that easily entertained... :)

7. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    That is cool. Did you send this to an actual FAX machine, or was there another option?

8. Wildfire

Wildfire
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Downloaded it after reading your message. Thanks for letting us know. Works like a charm! Needs a steady hand though.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

9. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi Marilyn - thanks for the link & recommendation - at that price, just did a download - results on my 'old' iPad 2 w/ it's poor camera are not spectacular - so just a warning to those w/ older iPads that the results may not be as desirable as expected - but I'm going to add this to my wife's iPad Mini and look @ the results - HEY, maybe I need to get the next iPad? ;) Dave

10. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No, this was an option you could do to the photo after taking it (you can have the regular photo, this drawing or a black and white photo). I just never new this app could do this, and I've been using it for a long time. See:

[​IMG]

I didn't try the fax option because I don't have a fax number to send it to. Though, I am tempted to get the number from work to try that function out. Would be neat to fax something, though I don't know if it'll cost.

Marilyn