What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad2 do I choose?

sbmesaros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I am going to purchase an iPad2 for my bookkeeping business. My thoughts are that it will be useful when at a client's location, to keep us with appointments/scheduling, email, and I'm sure other applications that I don't even know exist yet. Any suggestions on what size and whether to get wi-fi only? Other recommendations?

shawzy53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for you if you do a lot of appointments and things i would recommend 64 gigabytes

gurnani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't really care on a bit of the difference, go for the biggest. :)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3G future proofs it, by having the ability to pop your sim card in for data if needed, although there is mucho wifi.

many threads on this topic, use the search to see more ideas.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users. It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

gurnani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do take 3G. I am using Internet via sim as some places don't have wifi right. You can travel with ur iPad and Internet instead of being dependent on a wifi

Shani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You shold get 16GB if u dont have to load the videos otherwise go for 64GB.3G is only for those who uses it while on the way otherwise go for wifi.

CMacDonald

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coming from the world of PCs, the one lesson that has never changed is that you'll eventually end up using all of the available memory. Thus it's best to spring for the most memory your budget will allow.

As for "to 3G or not to 3G", that all depends on your wants or needs. Remember WiFi (802.11g) speeds currently exceed 3G speeds - 3G data rates vary greatly depending on your country & wireless carrier. I have a smartphone with a 3G mobile hotspot feature so I got the iPad with WiFi only. Plus when I upgrade my smartphone in a year or so, I'll likely upgrade to 4G with a WiFi hotspot using the money I did not spend on an iPad with 3G.

Sent from my 32 GB iPad 2 using iPF

OP
S

sbmesaros

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you that replied. All this information is very helpful and WHEN (not if :) ) I get my iPad I will return here for the Tips and Tricks link. Also, thanks Kaykaykay for the link to the other thread on this subject. I'm new to the forum and should have looked a little further. Sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts