What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad model you have?

which iPad model you own?

• 16GB WiFi

Votes: 236 22.7%
  • 32GB WiFi

Votes: 186 17.9%
  • 64GB WiFi

Votes: 153 14.7%
  • 16GB WiFi + 3G

Votes: 68 6.6%
  • 32GB WiFi + 3G

Votes: 146 14.1%
  • 64GB WiFi + 3G

Votes: 263 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

latinoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kingkennyno1 said:
How do u do that as I've an iPhone 4 they told me when i bought my iPad 2 that I could do that but I forget how plz help

You have to subscribe to mobile hotspot through the phone company. Then it's as easy as going into your settings and turning it on.

Subscribe?
cant you just turn on your 'personal hotspot' in your settings on your iPhone?
i use the data on my iPhone as a wireless hotspot all the time for my iPad and my MBP when im on the road. Dont have to pay any extra for data unless im on a long holiday or something and get prepaid data for the iPad. I dont need to subscribe to any service or pay additional fees. Just use the hotspot feature on my phone and im good to go..

An iPhone4 can act as a WiFi hotspot but most operators are now charging an additional tethering tariff. I don't know which country you're in but, in the US, AT&T charge additional for tethering. In the UK, Orange and O2 charge additional for tethering. i.e. even if you have a data plan with your iPhone4 if you enable the WiFi hotspot feature of the 'phone you'll be charged an additional sum - even if it's an unlimited plan or even if you don't exceed your monthly data allowance.

Tim

In Australia you dont pay any additional fee for tethering your iPhone 4 to any other device, with any of the telcos.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - of course - it's dependent on the cellular operator. But many are getting 'wise' to the implications of tethering from a commercial perspective and are insisting on an additional suscription if you want to tether.

Tim

lmcmillan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got a 16gb, black one capable of 3G but haven't got a data plan yet.

Any suggestions for good networks/plans? UK only please :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got a 16gb, black one capable of 3G but haven't got a data plan yet.

Any suggestions for good networks/plans? UK only please :)

'3' 'All you can eat' data plan - unlimited data!! Great download speeds as their network is all 3G, so no EDGE or GPRS - it's 3G HSDPA all the way....

Tim

lmcmillan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
'3' 'All you can eat' data plan - unlimited data!! Great download speeds as their network is all 3G, so no EDGE or GPRS - it's 3G HSDPA all the way....

Tim

Well, thanks! I'll look into it. How much will it be per month? :-D

rezilent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got mine as a gift but got to pick out what I wanted . I chose a 64 white wifi model . I use it for music production and recording and lyric writing , as well as games. I knew better then to get 32 gigs because that's how much my iPhone I's n I have 2 gigs left lol and I did not want 3G cus the data caps who wants to pay 30 a mnth for 2 gigs c'mon . Plus everywhere I go pretty much has wifi or if I need it down the road I can make my phone a mobile hot spot if I change phone plans n get more data for cheaper lol I love my ipad2

tmoney15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't know that the 64GB were so popular. I figured most people would just get the cheapest so they could be in the iPad clique. I guess I'm more unique than I thought with iPad.

perryc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Network 3 in the UK offering unlimited tethering on the "one plan" with no fair usage limits so truly unlimited. I am on this plan and use my iphone4 to connect my laptop to Internet when away from home.

Hope this helps.

Perry

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 32GB Verizon 3G.

After my disappointing experiences with wifi only devices, I bought a 3G and I prefer my iPod Touch for music listening, and 32GB seems okay for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts