What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad model you have?

which iPad model you own?

• 16GB WiFi

Votes: 236 22.7%
  • 32GB WiFi

Votes: 186 17.9%
  • 64GB WiFi

Votes: 153 14.7%
  • 16GB WiFi + 3G

Votes: 68 6.6%
  • 32GB WiFi + 3G

Votes: 146 14.1%
  • 64GB WiFi + 3G

Votes: 263 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkennyno1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
danielgfreeman said:
iPad 2 32GB wifi black, I use my wifi hotspot on my phone for "free" 3G coverage. I still have to pay the phone bill, but I don't see the need to pay another monthly charge for 3G when I already have it that I can share :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

How do u do that as I've an iPhone 4 they told me when i bought my iPad 2 that I could do that but I forget how plz help

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 32g white iPad 2, and my husband and kids share the original iPad. I don't use 3G because I have a mobile hotspot on my iPhone so I just use that if I need it.

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kingkennyno1 said:
How do u do that as I've an iPhone 4 they told me when i bought my iPad 2 that I could do that but I forget how plz help

You have to subscribe to mobile hotspot through the phone company. Then it's as easy as going into your settings and turning it on.

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
applechick said:
You have to subscribe to mobile hotspot through the phone company. Then it's as easy as going into your settings and turning it on.

Not free that way though. You are still paying for a seperate broadband connection that way.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

kingkennyno1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
snowboarder8985 said:
Not free that way though. You are still paying for a seperate broadband connection that way.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

So wats the free way as obviously dont want 2 separate bills guy in apple shop z I just needed to change setting I'm iPhone 4 and already 3G

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most cellular operators are now charging an additional tariff for tethering. There is no way around this. Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An iPhone4 can act as a WiFi hotspot but most operators are now charging an additional tethering tariff. I don't know which country you're in but, in the US, AT&T charge additional for tethering. In the UK, Orange and O2 charge additional for tethering. i.e. even if you have a data plan with your iPhone4 if you enable the WiFi hotspot feature of the 'phone you'll be charged an additional sum - even if it's an unlimited plan or even if you don't exceed your monthly data allowance.

Tim

kingkennyno1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
An iPhone4 can act as a WiFi hotspot but most operators are now charging an additional tethering tariff. I don't know which country you're in but, in the US, AT&T charge additional for tethering. In the UK, Orange and O2 charge additional for tethering. i.e. even if you have a data plan with your iPhone4 if you enable the WiFi hotspot feature of the 'phone you'll be charged an additional sum - even if it's an unlimited plan or even if you don't exceed your monthly data allowance.

Tim

I'm in Belfast ni vodaphne network I'll phone tomorrow and get the details thanks Tim again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts