What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad model do you plan to get, and why?

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is interesting is that you can not currently make a playlist with audio books and ebooks on iTunes. I contacted Apple Support they confirmed it so.

Well, obviously I can't comment on ebooks, but as for audio books, I make playlists that contain audio books all the time. When I was going through "The Audacity of Hope" I had a smart playlist that would get 6 chapters at a time and continually roll off the ones I'd listened to and roll on the next chapters every time I synched. Just un-check sync audio books and build yourself a playlist. It works fine.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is interesting is that you can not currently make a playlist with audio books and ebooks on iTunes. I contacted Apple Support they confirmed it so.

Well, obviously I can't comment on ebooks, but as for audio books, I make playlists that contain audio books all the time. When I was going through "The Audacity of Hope" I had a smart playlist that would get 6 chapters at a time and continually roll off the ones I'd listened to and roll on the next chapters every time I synched. Just un-check sync audio books and build yourself a playlist. It works fine.
My thoughts exactly. The same thing is true with podcasts. If you listen to a podcast from the Podcasts section, it stops at the end and you have to manually start each and everyone of them. But if in the Music page you create a playlist, you can just slide a series of podcasts to it and they'll all play one after the other. Podcasts are MP3 afterall and so are audiobooks...
Ebooks are not.

cfw123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I imagine I'll get the 64GB with 3G. Since you can't upgrade later, need to start with 3G. And my 32GB iPhone is starting to feel cramped...

And me too, for exactly the same reason. The 64GB memory in effect gives he a hard drive equivalent as they said during the announcement. I don't mind AT&T with this product, as for one they have conidered the buyer, and not just what they wish they could get him to buy.

I have had a Kindle 1 since the beginning, and hope to get all my 700+ books set up to read on my iPad, as I really don't like the iPaper display but most people have bought int a theoretical superiority which I conside to be false.

Most reactions

Latest posts