What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad Case Do You Have? Rate It Out Of 10!

SYS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the Griffin case for iPad 2 after having tried a few other brands, and I'm very happy with the decision. I got it at a local Verizon store where I received a corporate discount, so that helped.

Are the cases for the iPad 2 much different? Reckon you could still use an original iPad case on one, or would it be way too big?

Sorry for this late response. The answer is no. I've tried my iPad2 on several cases designed for the original, and I really couldn't see any reason why they can't be compatible. Having said that, though, I'm not too happy with the choice of my Griffin case after having used it in all different ways for some time now. My main problem with it is when I'm trying to use it with its "standing" (landscape) function. The Home button then slides down below the leather cut, making it really awkward to use. They should have made it the other way! The case also gets in the way in some other ways from your onscreen function at the edge.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chinao Slim leather case for me. Superb - relatively cheap and great quality. My 3rd case and definitely the keeper. 10.

AHA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a white Speck case. It only covers the back and the buttons of the iPad and It's very sturdy. It's great, but if I hold the iPad with one hand, it will slip. 8/10.

Last edited:

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Checked out the Otter for iPad (1) the guy actually put the iPad 2 in so I could see how it fit. It's nice but I think the Brookstone case/keyboard is much nicer. That guy also put the iPad 2 in so I could get a visual. Really nice. $99 @ Brookstone.

Applebaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Timbuk2 Envelope sleeve..

This is great everyday cover for your Ipad. Very sturdy and neat. I love it! I'd rate it a 10!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Timbuk2-Envelope-Sleeve-Black-X-Small/dp/B003UES8AW/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1301801910&sr=8-30]Amazon.com: Timbuk2 iPad/iPad2 Envelope Sleeve: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Applebaum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Clam Case for Ipad 2...

I will also be ordering the Clam Case! This is classy and it has a good keyboard! I hear at lot of good things about it. Check it out. :D

ClamCase

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use a combination of two diff case-outer case zCover ipad gloveOne outer cover and the inner case is a Kroos ipad soft tpu cover unit in combination of a total coverage size to protect the unit ..

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is great everyday cover for your Ipad. Very sturdy and neat. I love it! I'd rate it a 10!

I have the Timbuk2 "Scuba" edition sleeve, the one with the map of San Francisco. Very cool. Only thing to mention is that it's designed to fit the iPad very snuggly, so there's very little wiggle room. (Maybe a bit more room with iPad2.)

1_f_neoprene.black.jpeg

cf. Amazon.com: Timbuk2 iPad Scuba Sleeve: Sports & Outdoors

jimmy4fingers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TARGUS vu case with my smart cover customization works just likenthe apple smart cover but better. And I made one form the wife but she took hers back and got a nook so I'm selling it cause I can't return it modified 50.00 and it's yours I love it!

Last edited by a moderator:

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Birthday suit. Perfect 10, and the only case I would ever use. ;)

AHA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rogatsby said:
Birthday suit. Perfect 10, and the only case I would ever use. ;)

Doesn't the back get scratched up?

AHA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

Some people say that if grit gets in between the iPad and the surface it's placed on, it gets easily scratched.

Most reactions

Latest posts