What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad cart or iPad sync device has the best theft prevention (security)?

iPadTeach

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Theft prevention and security are a top priority at my school. Does anybody know which iPad cart is the best for hardware security? We don't want anybody to steal our iPads!

Thanks!

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any iPad would do, if you mean the iPad 1 or 2.

iOS is a very secure operating system, more secure than most computers.
The iPad is a great edicational tool, I use mine every day to do research, take notes, and other school stuff. (10th grade)

As for theft prevention, the iPad is a very robust device. Not easy to vandalize. If you are worried about kids destroying them, then that isn't really something you can prevent. The "bad" kids will attempt to destroy them. But that is just something that you or the teacher would have to monitor and regulate somehow.

Last edited:

BeatlesFan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but judging from a video that I saw tweeted recently, it looks like Ergotron carts are easily broken into: [video=youtube;Agfo9sdrM80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agfo9sdrM80"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agfo9sdrM80[/video]

RogerKahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We use Datamation carts to secure and charge our netbooks and recently purchased their sync and charge iPad safes. We are very satisfied with them. They are extremely secure and easy to use. (We used to use Bretford carts, but they had a tendency to fall apart after a few years). You can find Datamation products at www.ipadcarts.com

JohnDyers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw these in some New York City classrooms and they look very secure. The school was using the desktop safes and a cart the students could stand around.

Resourcer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
School Districts should absolutely conduct an assessment to determine all the security policies that should be in place prior to the rollout. Rolling out take home iPads or iPad Storage policies at schools, doing so without professional assistance to not only be very costly but be a PR Nightmare. I know the School Safety Advocacy Council conducts these assessments. they can be found on the web.

Most reactions

Latest posts