What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which end of the cable?

Chanc2g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does it matter which end you insert first when charging the iPad2? I thought I read that you should connect to the Pad before connecting to the computer or the charging block. I can't find confirmation. It sure would be convenient to leave the charging wire connected to the power source and just plug in the PAD when I need to fill up.

Insights appreciated.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Chanc2g said:
Does it matter which end you insert first when charging the iPad2? I thought I read that you should connect to the Pad before connecting to the computer or the charging block. I can't find confirmation. It sure would be convenient to leave the charging wire connected to the power source and just plug in the PAD when I need to fill up.

Insights appreciated.

I always have the power source end plugged in, no damage yet

technically, yes, it is the same with all electrical stuff, but I've yet to kill anything yet

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Insights appreciated.

It is always safer to insert the plug into your expensive device before you plug the other end into the electrical source. Just the opposite when disconnecting. Pull the electric plug (don't pull the wire either), then afterwards the connector to the device. The reason is if any power is flowing, you do not want sparks to fly close to your device.

You will notice some will say is doesn't matter. That is true, since they have tried it both ways and the device still keeps working. But just do that enough times, and one of those times the disconnect will destroy the connection, then you get to buy a new device for $$$ instead of $ for the power end. FWIW.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chanc2g said:

Insights appreciated.

I always have the power source end plugged in, no damage yet

technically, yes, it is the same with all electrical stuff, but I've yet to kill anything yet

Keeping your transformer/power block plugged in all the time is also a poor practice, as it is always drawing some power, and insulation can fail and then you get to buy a new block. Notice my post above for other reasons.

Most reactions

Latest posts