What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which cellular sim card in uk

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks sidewinder, it looks good. However, today I went into the EE (Orange/T Mobile) shop and a very helpful young man found me a 4G Sim only £15-99 for two months with 3GB per month and a contract that can be wound up with 30 days notice. So I am giving that a try first. If I am nowhere near the 3GB use each month, I can then reduce to a lower cost 1GB per month on a rolling 30 day notice.

Alex

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Alex,
Not sure if you are aware but it would be a good idea to know just where those bytes of downloaded data go to......
Here's something to help you along:-

100 emails without attachments = 1MB
2 emails with attachments = 1MB
1 email with photo attachment = 1MB
1 hour spent in Instant Messenger = 1MB
30 minutes listening to internet radio = 28MB
1 hour web browsing = 20MB
downloading one 3-minute MP3 = 4MB
5 minutes watching YouTube™ videos = 12MB
downloading one film trailer = 10 MB

I will say to you though be very careful in watching video over 4G. Video (depending on the quality) can take up huge amounts of data and with 4G being so fast you can easily burn through your allowance in minutes.

You should be able to view your Cellular Data under Settings but also have a look at some of the Download Usage Monitor's that are available. Here's two:-

Data Usage costs £0.69
DataMan Pro expensive at £4.99

Be careful on updates to your Apps. You should be able to turn off 'Use Cellular Data'

Last edited:
OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks again BEards, that's very useful information which I will keep to hand. I can find out my usage periodically through EE, but understand what you have said. Out of curiosity, I did download a couple of free books yesterday and at one time switched off the W-Fi and immediately had a notice to advise that the download would be 50MB and suggesting I move to Wi-Fi. Thought that was good and did switch back.

Alex

Most reactions

Latest posts