What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which case would work best for me?

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, everyone. I'm new to the iPad world, though not new to Apple. I've never owned any tablet-type item, so the concept is completely new to me. I finally bit the bullet and purchased an iPad 2 a few days ago - still waiting for it to ship.

Anyway, I purchased it mainly for school. I'm OCD when it comes to organization and such. I wanted the iPad for note taking (handwritten) and for other organizational purposes. So far, I have purchased a couple of the stylus r us styli because I've heard they're the best, but I'm at a loss as too which case I should choose - if you've searched for iPad cases on Amazon, you would see why. I've preordered the Gumdrop Drop Series case because I like that it's similar to the Otterbox Defender for iPhone - it has a snap-on replaceable screen protector as well as several layers of protection. It also has a rubbery texture, so the iPad will stay put when laying on a surface or when I'm writing on it.

However, I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't cancel my Gumdrop order and buy a folio style case instead? Would it be easier/more natural to have the iPad sloped at an angle :confused:- as many of the folio style cases are able to fold over to make a stand for the iPad to rest against. It would be helpful to hear from people who use the iPad for handwritten notes.

Also - I plan on carrying my iPad in my backpack. I have a Dakine laptop pack, with a heavily padded special pocket for a laptop, but obviously an iPad is much slimmer and lighter weight than most laptops - which is why I opted for the Gumdrop case, to protect it from jostling.

I hope my (long) post makes sense. Thanks for reading!

Most reactions