What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which case to buy?

Joe iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Best Buy was out of cases when I got the iPad so I don't have one yet. I'm thinking the Apple one or the Incipio one. I need it to be protective, look upscale and must be able to stand the iPad up for photo slide shows.

What do you think?

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love incipio's cases, I have the silicrylic case on my iphone, but haven't bought it for my ipad yet. I cover all my stuff in full-body shields similar to Zagg and not many cases will fit w/ the shield on, but the silicrylic fits great w/ it. Im currently using a full-body shield w/ a incase silicone case on my ipad and it works great. But definitely would say if you got a zagg shield plus the incipio case, you couldnt have more protection. And as for a stand, just check out that $7 stand on amazon that is posted somewhere on these forums.

Tenroe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If your looking for something to protect your ipad and look professional at the same time you should actively AVOID the official apple case. It's paper thin offering practically zero drop protection has sharp uncomfortable edges and is an ABSOLUTE DUST MAGNET.

Ontop of all that it's very prone to falling over wen stood up like a picture frame. ere are plenty of other good cases on the market however. Incipio does offer a rather nice design and theres a few nice belkins aswell.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not fallen in love with a case yet and have kept the Apple case on only for that reason. It does not stand up well-not good for that application.

Webalistic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.webalistic.com
I have 2 cases for different purposes. I have a 'Muvit 2 in 1 Snow Clip' which is very useful at home as it can function as a stand in both portrait and landscape.

And i have an aluminium case from PDair which I use to protect agains al the other stuff that's moving around in my backpack. It looks neat too (to me anyway). I had a PDair case for my mitac mio pda that looks all battered now after 4 years, but the device is still in great condition. I hope this case will do the same for my ipad.

(sorry, not allowed to post links yet)

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many of us love the Apple case. Don't be scared off from it. Mine travels alot, is jammed in and out of a bag and is doing the job. It does collect dust but a damp cloth will clean it. I thought I'd only use it for traveling but my iPad lives in it, as it is small and unobtrusive. And compared to the fancy leather folio's the price is great-definitely worth it.

hth
CM

MLimtiaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using the stock Apple case for 3+ months with no trouble at all. The Apple case holds the iPad at a good angle for typing, which I suspect was the main design focus in the first place. I do agree that the Apple case is not a good choice if you want to stand the iPad up for any amount of time - it's not stable enough for that. The case does indeed collect dust quickly, and a lint remover does a fine job. For standing the iPad up, I use a homebuilt, collapsible Lego stand.

Cklasse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am waiting for my iPad to be delivered from Apple Store. Meanwhile, I had ordered a relatively new case in the market from Modulr. It's design looks promising and I am waiting for it to come from USA too. I live in Singapore

Most reactions

Latest posts