What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which app is sending the push notification alert?

Terryc23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have enabled push notifications for just a few apps, but when I hear my iPad beep sometimes, there is no way to find which app is sending it. Groupon, for example, displays a message that is there when I turn on the iPad, but most of the time I have no idea which app made the alert sound.

Reaction score
This is a clear limitation of iOS in its current state.

Under Settings->Notifications, you can turn off all notifications of unnecessary apps. This is certainly not ideal, but at least you can find out which apps are even able to send you these notification sounds.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of yours have a concurrent written notification available? My bill paying one sends me a written reminder but also an alert as well. I have it on silent at work, but it vibrates, and the written reminder flashes on the screen so I know it's that program. The other thing is, I opted to have the alerts, so they are not out of the blue.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions