What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where the Heck Is the Multitasking Bar?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where the heck is the multitasking bar? Is it only on an ipad 2?
The short answer is yes. At this time only the iPad 2 received the Multitasking Gestures feature. There seems to be no logical/performance reason for it not to be a standard feature on the original iPad, but only time will tell if Apple will include it in an update.

For the slightly adventurous Multitasking Gestures can be enabled on the original iPad (it works great on mine). More here:

Enabling "Secret" Multitasking Gestures on the original iPad

BTW, I moved your post to the iPF iPad 1 area for those that follow.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or, if you are just talking about the multitasking bar that people mention in many posts - it's what you see when you double click the home button. The screen will rise up and you'll see a bunch of apps in a line/row.

That is the multitasking bar and in there you can remove any/all apps by pressing them until they wiggle and then pressing the minus sign (-). You're not removing the apps from the iPad, just from the multitasking bar, which removes them from the iPad's current memory.

Marilyn

P.S. And, the doubleclick on the home button works on both the iPad1 and iPad2, so yes, it's available on both iPad versions. The gestures, however - well, that's another story...

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or, if you are just talking about the multitasking bar that people mention in many posts - it's what you see when you double click the home button. The screen will rise up and you'll see a bunch of apps in a line/row.

That is the multitasking bar and in there you can remove any/all apps by pressing them until they wiggle and then pressing the minus sign (-). You're not removing the apps from the iPad, just from the multitasking bar, which removes them from the iPad's current memory.

Marilyn

P.S. And, the doubleclick on the home button works on both the iPad1 and iPad2, so yes, it's available on both iPad versions. The gestures, however - well, that's another story...
Doggint! You're probably right! I'm sure now that's what the OP was asking. Sorry for the confusion. My bad. :eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts