What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where should I send IPAD2 in US for non-warranty repair?

hoganflagle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi;

I somehow managed to get a very slight dent in my IPAD2 metal backing near the volume button and it is putting pressure on my volume button to constantly want to max out volume. The obvious solution is to disassemble the back and push out the dent and re-assemble. Looking at the IPAD I see no option for disassembly and it will need to go to the experts for repair. Who should I contact for this work to be done? I see an Apple dealer within an hour from my house but assume they are only a sales outlet.

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well you should probably go to an Apple Store that has repair services. The sales outlet is just a distribution area.

OP
H

hoganflagle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm posting this experience to help anyone else who encounters the same issue as I. I went on the internet and word searched Apple Service Center. I contacted the service center that was closest to me that was designated as an IPAD Service Center. I called them and explained my situation. They explained that they don't have authorization to actually do any repair and merely ship the IPADs in for repair. Since mine was a non warranty situation they gave me the contact of a nearby Wireless business that they knew of that did do IPAD repairs. I went down today and dropped off my IPAD to the wireless business. They had experience replacing the broken glass on IPADs; I was the first one ever to need an unbroken glass removed. They did a wonderful job, they were able to unglue my good glass (heat), and push the metal case back into it's original position and re-glue the glass. Seems the glass is actually glued to the case on IPADS. I did not lose any data on my IPAD, there is no physical marks on the IPAD to indicate the IPAD was ever dented,and the volume button now functions like it should. Repair was done same day, cost out the door...$75.

Most reactions

Latest posts