What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where reminders gone

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,
I m little bit confuse I write some important things I reminder it's suddenly disappear. I check reminder its link with of my email account and its sync time 6month. Now after reminder folder clear I login email I did not got. Can someone plz tell where is it tks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Any reminders you create should be in the Reminder's app. Your email account should not affect that.

The only way Reminders is linked to your email is that it can seed you an Email notification at a specific date and time. This won't delete or complete a reminder.

The only way a Reminder should disappear is if you delete it, check it off, or the sync limit has been reached.

Deleted reminders are gone.

Reminders that you have checked as complete can be seen by choosing "Show Completed" at the bottom of the list.

The sync limit is set in Settings > Reminders. It is not the same as the sync limit for email which is set in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's mean I check went setting reminder where it's limit of sync 6 month so reminder I wrote will disappear. Tell more mr.poet today's date write any thing after 3 month I edit some thing that will also gone after 6 month mean December 2015 or 3 month extent because I edit time by time.tks.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I m also thankful to those knowns & help and also those who at leas read the thread on any matter. THANKS TO IPF Members.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's mean I check went setting reminder where it's limit of sync 6 month so reminder I wrote will disappear. Tell more mr.poet today's date write any thing after 3 month I edit some thing that will also gone after 6 month mean December 2015 or 3 month extent because I edit time by time.tks.

I'm sorry, but I can't figure out what you meant to say. Could you please explain it again, in more detail.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After six month it's automatic delete it even I edit the reminder. Some time I edit reminder

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What's selected in Settings - Reminders - Sync?
image.jpg

Did you select "Reminders 6 Months Ago"?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
After six month it's automatic delete it even I edit the reminder. Some time I edit reminder

Hm. Sounds like the sync uses the creation date, not the modification date. Still, it shouldn't delete/un-sync a current reminder, only the completed ones. Current (unchecked) reminders should stay pretty much forever, edited or not.

I can't really test this myself. I use the setting All Reminders. I make light use of the Reminders app. Besides, reminders take a very little space.

OP
jaba123

jaba123

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok thanks I can understand normally people did not thing too much like reminder app some to me by default or maybe I selected in past 6 month option and I write some important thing now all gone. Now as J.A shows I will select all reminder (all time) option.tks everybody.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts